Day 10 - A new code and a refund

Day 10 – A new code and a refund

So, you know, it took a while for my adwords account to accept the promo code. It came from shopify and the when I encoded the original one, it said: the billing address does not match the country code in the promo. I was now certain that when I generated the code the country on my billing address was US. It shouldn't. Anyway, I contacted their support service and asked about it. It took quite a while before they were able to issue me a new one.

Here's the thing, when I received the new code, I've been running adwords for more than a couple of weeks, then. Basically, promos apply only to new adwords account. So, when I encoded the new code, it said: your account is beyond the promo period (or something like that, I really don't remember the exact phrasing.)

So, what I did? I created a new account with the intention of deactivating my other account upon utilizing the fund I put in there. There's just no automatic cessation. Not that I know of, anyway.

So, I entered the new code to the new account and Hurray! Finally, it worked. And I'm getting P2,000 worth of adwords credit upon spending P500. Awesome, right? I'm not sure actually. Whatever.

Also, there's that issue with Kit. I've mentioned this before, that I deleted the app 2 days after the trial period expired. So they actually charged me. And I just mentioned it to the customer service when I was asking about the promo code. I wasn't exactly expecting to get a refund, but heck, they did give me a refund. So, it was awesome. Something like I used two days out of a 30-day subscription and you will charge me for the whole period? Kinda messed-up but I understand that's how business works. I'm in the business industry, after all. And yeah, we do that exact same thing in the company I'm working at. But at least, it has the government's recommendation. So yeah, whatever.

It was just awesome.

#9302016/704pm/ged