The day of the Interview

The band sat on the couch. Jen had a laptop opened on her lap. She was setting up the webcam and testing it to make sure it worked. "It works!"

On their screen was a woman dressed in a suit. She had a clipboard and pen in her hands. "Good morning. I'm Margret Rivers. I will be interviewing Ben Kasica and Jen Ledger. Now introduce yourselves."

"I'm John Cooper."

"The name's Korey Cooper."

"I'm Ben Kasica."

"And I'm Jen Ledger."

"Nice to meet you all. Now I'd like to ask Ben and Jen some questions." She looked down at her clipboard. Miss Ledger, are you and Ben Kasica dating?"

"No we're not dating."

Ben's heart ached, those words stabbed his heart he loved her.

"Is this true, Mr and Mrs Cooper?"

"All I see is they're very close friends," John Cooper.

"Yes it is true. Panheads sometimes like to think that they're together."

She wrote down what they said. "Ben, how do you feel about this? You seem disappointed."

"I do? I'm fine with all this. I'd never think that Jen and I would be together."

"Would you guys ever be a couple?"

"I see Ben as a close friend, nothing more," Jen replied.

"I do too," he lied.

"So there won't be anything happening between them two. They will always be best friends," John said.

"What would you do if they got together?"

"Personally, I don't care if they do. It's none of my business to pry in their relationship," John replied.

"I agree with with John."

Ben started to tense up a bit.

"If they were together, would it crush the band?"

"No, not at all!" John and Korey said at the same time.

"That's all the questions I have. Thank you for your time. Bye."

The band waved. "Bye!"

Jen closed the laptop. "That was really stupid."

"Yeah, but she wanted to get things straight."

Ben rose from the couch. "I'm going to go out for walk. The interview was overwhelming." He walked out of the room.