Goodbye Ben

She laid on her side clutching the letter close to her chest, sobbing. She has been crying for hours now. She couldn't believe that Ben is breaking up with her. They just confessed to each other and they had their first kiss, and now he wants to end it all. Just because he has to leave the band.

Tomorrow is the day Ben leaves. He's already making it hard on her. "I shouldn't of trusted him." She sobbed loudly.

The door of her room opens. "Jen, are you okay?"

At first she thought it was Ben, but it was Korey. She shook her head. "No." She sat up. "I want you to read this." She stretched out her hand.

Korey recognized that paper, it was that paper that Ben had used to write to Jen. She took it and sat on the bed with her. "I know what this says. I talked Ben out of breaking up with you."

"You did?"

Korey gave her a reassuring smile. "Yes I did! You don't have to worry about a thing. Get some rest, we have a big day tomorrow."

Jen gave her a quick hug. "Thank you! You're such a great friend!"

Korey's smile grew even bigger. "No problem!" She rose from the bed and she walked out of the room.

.................

The band got busy setting up for the party out in the backyard. Jen was drawing some drums and guitars and Ben was busy cutting them out and making them into strands of banners. Korey and John are decorating in the yard.

"Ben, I have something I need to tell you."

Ben's heart began to pound madly against his chest. Is she going to break up with him? "Uh, what is it?"

She put down her colored pencil and she looked at him. "I read that letter that you wrote."

His heart quickened. "Jen, I'm not breaking up with you if that's what you think. That's why I threw it away, Korey helped me changed my mind. I was being selfish and I should've thought of you before I wrote it. I'm so sorry." His eyes grew with hurt and he glared at the carpeting of the basement floor.

Jen placed a hand on his forearm. "Don't be upset. Korey talked to me about it. We can make our relationship work."

He glared at her and gave her a smile small. "You're right."

"Ben, I love you." She gave him a quick kiss.

"I love you too," he returned the kiss.

The two went right back to work.

...............

six o'clock that night.

Guests began to arrive. John and Korey were greeting the guests and Ben and Jen lead them to the backyard.

Once everyone arrived, they ate, danced and talked with Ben.

"So you're leaving?" Amy Lee asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, I have to my band needs me."

"That's too bad, man," Shaun Morgan said.

Jen was getting some punch and Korey walked over to her. "How are you feeling?"

Jen let out a sigh. "I'm going to miss him so much."

"Why don't you go spend some time before he leaves," Kor suggested.

Jen walked over to Ben. "Hey," he said kissing her cheek.

"Wanna dance?" She asked.

"Yeah sure!" Ben grabbed her hand and lead her to the dance floor.