Ben is Leaving

Lately the band has noticed that Ben has been acting strange. When they practice Ben always goes off key and little things piss him off. What has happened to the kind and loving Ben?

Ben was in the basement, playing some riffs on his guitar and he was singing as he was playing. "Oh how I adore you, oh how I burst for you. Oh how I need you! Comatose I'll never wake up of an overdose of you!"

(I kinda have Comatose stuck in my head, so I had to make him sing it! XD)

He didn't even realize that Korey had entered the room. He's into his own little world. "Ben." He didn't respond. The blonde walked over to him. "Ben". She said a little louder.

He stopped playing and singing. "What's up?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Well you seem acting strange and when you practice with us, you go off key," Korey said with her eyebrows raised.

Ben let out a sigh and he pinched his bridge in between his brows. "Look, I'm sorry."

"There is something bothering you."

"Yeah, it's called Seth. He needs to get the fuck out of my life."

Korey nodded her head. "Okay. I will have a word with him." Korey tapped his back with her hand and gave him a smile.

"No, he wants his band back and I'm going to let him have it."

"Ben, you can't let him win and he's not stable to return. We need you Ben."

Ben shook his head. "No you don't."

Korey could see the hurt in his eyes, he doesn't want to leave, but he had to. She placed a hand on his shoulder. "You can't go and we won't let you."

"You can't stop me from leaving. If I want to leave I can leave."

"Ben, we missed you! We all don't want you to leave. We plan on keeping you and firing Seth."

Ben's face grew with shock. "Wait, what? No, you shouldn't it'll break the guys heart. He's been through enough in his life. He's spouse to get better not worse. I'm not taking over his job, he needs it."

Korey's eyes began to grow with water. "What about you and Jen? Jen needs you."

"I didn't tell you guys-I have my own band and I plan on breaking up with Jen."

Korey almost fell over by the sudden news and her face was frozen wit shock. "You can't break up with her."

"Yeah I can, I live in another state. I don't do long distance relationships. The reason I'm leaving is because my band is struggling to find a replacement for me. I'm sorry I can't stay."

"If you have a reason then you can go. When will be your last day?"

"In a few days."

"Okay, I'll throw a party on the night before you leave. The others have to know that you're leaving."

"Thank you, and don't tell Jen of the others that I'm breaking up with her."

Korey flashed him a smile. "Of course."

Ben set his guitar down and he rose from the couch and he followed Korey up the narrow stairs. "Guys, we need a meeting." Korey said.

John and Jen sat on the couches in the living room, the other two joined them. "What's it about?" John asked.

"Well Ben would like to say something," Korey replied.

All their attention was on all Ben. "I'm leaving the band." He glared at the rug as if he regretted what he just mentioned.

"Wait, what?" Jen said, shocked.

"Why man?"

He looked at his friends. "Well I have my own band and they're having trouble finding another guitarist, so that's why I have to leave and I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it's cool man," John said.

"So when will you be leaving?" Jen asked as she rose from the couch.

"In a few days."

Tears rolled down her soft cheeks and she walked over to Ben and she sat in his lap. "I'm going to miss you."

"Me too princess."

Korey sat there looking at them. She'd hate to see her best friend get hurt by the man she loves. Maybe she can change his mind. "Well, I'm going to throw a party before he leaves."

"Sounds good." John said.

"I'm going to plan for it. Ben what would you like the theme for party to be?"

"Hmm." He looked up at the ceiling, thinking about of an idea. "I got it!" He looked at Korey with a smile. "Let's make it be rock star themed!"

"That's what I'm talking about!" Doggy shouted.

"And have the guests dress like rock stars!" Jen suggested.

"I'll make some phone calls, oh and we need a DJ!" Korey pulled her phone out of her pocket and she walked out of the room.

Now how should I break up with Jen? I could write her a note! I don't want to give it to her before or during the party, it would ruin the party and her. I'll give it to her when the party is over.

A/N: Ben, you have to man up and keep your girl!