Chapter 2

“Kylie Evans! I want you out of this office now!” yelled Doug Hamilton, certainly a sight I have never personally encountered before, and for that matter never want to encounter again.

“Mr. Hamilton you did not let me finish speaking,” I said in the most professional and respectful tone I could manage, I mean, I’m mature aren’t I?

“Well after you have a can practically erupt on me, I not sure what other shenanigans you will pull.” He snapped, glaring at me in irritation. He got up from the desk and walked to the corner where the napkins were sitting and started spotting at his suit lightly.

“ Well, after all, I am the Senior Vice-President and I deserve the right to speak to you, sir,” I said, getting a bit defensive.  All I heard was sighs coming for Doug, “Fine, continue.” He sighed once again, but motioning with his hand for me to continue my sentence.

“As I was saying before, if Coco Oil were to make the choice I am requesting for them to do we could bring in millions of dollars from the stock market making Coco Oil bigger than ever. After all the Jaguar drinks have become a marketing phenomenon, and if we put out the Jaguar health drink we could sponsor multiple events making the Jaguar health drink our biggest drink of all.” I spoke proudly, satisfied with what I had proposed. He was going to be very pleased, I mean, I hope.

“Ms. Evans you do make a good point, but if we do put this drink out what would we name it, because we cannot name it ‘Jaguar Health Drink’; it does not have a ring to it like the rest of our products do,” He spoke, still spotting his suit. Perfectionist.

“Well, Mr. Hamilton, there are numerous things we can name it, all we need to do is name it the same way we always do and that is always YOUR idea.” I said drawing out the word your for emphasis.

“Mrs. Evans, that is when I was in your position, so know the naming is your responsibility, I came up with things like Jaguar Cola, Jaguar Prime, Jaguar Aid, and Jaguar Electra. Now it’s your turn to come up with the name and I want you to tell me what you have come up with by 3pm tomorrow,” He ordered, fixing the blazer part of his suit. I opened my mouth to speak but he interrupted me by saying,

“This meeting is over, now, go carry on with the remainder of your work.” And with a blink of an eye everyone got up out of the chairs and headed towards the door, followed by me.

I walked over to my desk and sat down. Maybe I could get someone to think of a name for me. That’s it, that’s what I’ll do. Perfect. I looked at the clock and I only had five minutes until my day was over. Perfect again. Packing up my things my boss went on the intercom, “Mrs. Evans please come to my office as soon as possible.”

Great. Flinging my faux Louis Vuitton bag over my shoulder, I started walking to his office as fast as I could without drawing attention to myself.

‘Paul Nowitsky’ read his office door. The great barrier was cold as I raised my hand and knocked. A few seconds later, a very sophisticated-looking Paul opened his door and held it for me whilst I entered the room, trying to seem nonchalant.

“In two weeks there will be a business trip to Hawaii and I am unable to go, so I need you to fill in for me.” He informed me suddenly, filling the uncomfortable silence in the room with his news.  

“Who is going to fill in for me then?” I questioned.

“Well that’s what I have been trying to figure out, I deciding whether its going to be Paul or if I should call in a sub for you.”

“Oh, well ,I’d be glad too.” I said readjusting my bag on my shoulder. He smiled politely at me.

“Great, I’ll have the information papers on your desk by tomorrow,” He said and I nodded, returning his smile.

“That’s all, have a good rest of the day,” He smiled.

“Thank you, Mr. Nowitsky.”

I walked out of his office and went back to my desk and got the rest of my things. Finally, it was time to leave the office.