Chapter 2

Kayla

"Kayla you are getting late for school! Hurry up." My little sister laura yelled at me in her squeaky voice. I quickly managed to get dressed in a faded blue jeans and a plain black top , securing my strawberry blonde hair in a tight pony. My style sense wasn't all that great and most of the days i cursed our school system for not bringing up a uniform rule.
"Get in the car". She quickly got in the front seat of my red ford and secured the seat belt.
She was very different from me in the sense more mature mentally even though she was three years younger to me. She was a serious minded nerd and i was a less than average student with no major ambitions in life.
"Please be on time kayla i need to be at my cello classes by 4."
"Ya yeah il be there". I replied with an indifferent tone. I got out and walked to my chem class and passed by a group of barbiedoll cheerleaders checking out each others manicured nails. I scoffed at them internally and got into my class.
"Kaylaaaa! Where were you yesterday ?? I called you like a million times!". It was my best friend shella. She was my only close friend whom i shared everything with..mainly because she was super clingy but i also loved that about her. "I was helping mom out with some chores and when i was done i kinda slept off immediately...sorry". I tried to put in my best puppy eyes while saying this and it worked. "Well okay just this one time im gonna forgive you!". I always knew she was a softy. It kinda looked like we were in a relationship where she was the annoying 'girlfriend' and i was the guy to the outsiders but i was glad she was my friend, since she was very popular and was rich and i was neither. As we got into the class busy talking to each other i noticed another girl sitting in my usual spot. I always used to sit at the back alone since shelly always sat with her on and off boyfriend rick and i liked being to sleep without catching Mr. Rothman's attention. "Hey are you new to this school, never seen you before".
"Umm yeah i just got transferred from brookston high". Her shy smile was pulling her thick lips upwards and i couldn't help but notice how gorgeous she was. Her thick black hair was tied in a messy but elegant bun and her honey brown eyes sparkled like diamonds. And her dark clothes were a striking contrast against her plain skin. "You don't mind right, if i sit here. I don't know anyone so im too shy to sit in the front and catch everyones attention".
I was glad i got new company so i agreed. "Yeah sure. Oh and by the way i'm Kayla".
"Oh such a cute name. I'm Alex Geri".

*******************