The Reunion pt.7

After we confirmed that Duncan was okay, I reluctantly walked over to my room. I didn't want to have a fight with Jonathan. Much to my surprise, when I opened the door he wasn't there. I ignored it for the time being and went to bed.

My phone woke me up. It was the message board.

LunchLover (Owen): Hey does anyone know who that guy hanging out with Chris is?

QueenBee (Heather): No one knows what you're talking about Owen.

LunchLover (Owen): You know. The guy with the hair and the...stuff?

I ignored it and got up to take a shower. When I got out, I saw Jonathan on the bed, scrolling through his phone.

"Oh, hey, Jonathan," I said, awkwardly.

"Courtney, look, I'm sorry for saying that stuff to you. You should be able to be friends with whomever you want," Jonathan said, looking up from his phone. I smiled and jumped on him to kiss him, forgetting I was wearing nothing but a towel. Long story short, the kiss turned into something else.

A few hours later I met up with Gwen and Bridgette for lunch at the cafe Duncan took me to when I was upset about what Chris had done.

"So what have you been up to, Gwen?" I missed her speaking last night because I went to help Duncan.

"Well I went to art school but the only job I could find after that was working at my old high school." The thought of working there obviously got on her nerves and and stabbed the salad she was eating with force.

"Don't remind me of high school," Bridgette said. "I was an outcast there. I never fit into any cliques because I was classified as an 'Average Joe'."

"Cliques or no cliques everyone hated me in high school. I could never tell why until I got into medical school." I was a jerk in high school. The three of us finished our lunch and went back to our rooms. It wasn't that late so I just hung around my room until it was time for the reunion show tonight.

TIME SKIP TO THAT NIGHT

Duncan, Gwen, Bridgette and I sat in the seats reserved for ex contestants. I didn't really care for any of the Revenge of the Island campers. I dated Scott for a short period of time but that was only because I needed an ally. I ran into Zoey a few years back and we have sort of kept in touch but other than that I I don't really know the other ex contestants from that season.

After the show, Duncan and I decided to hit the bar. We were both responsible adults and it wasn't like anything was going to happen between us. Plus, I have a boyfriend. 

"So how's life, princess?" Duncan asked.

"I wish you would stop calling me that," I said. "I'm okay. How have you been holding up?"

Duncan sighed and spun around the ice in his drink. "I'm just glad that we're going home soon. I should be there with her right now." I nodded. I couldn't believe it but I was sad that we'd be going our separate ways again. I hadn't seen everyone in so long that it was almost nice being at the reunion, even if Chris is a little two faced barf bag who deserved to go die in a hole. I didn't want to leave everyone just yet.

I didn't want to leave Duncan just yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjoyed!

I am trying to finish as many books as I can before January. I know that seems like a while from now but with the amount of work I have I'll be lucky if I finish three by the end of the year.

I will be adding an author's note to each of my books to tell everyone what my plan for the rest of 2016 is.

-th4t_on3_4uthor