chapter 20

Sorry for the long time upload. ( facebook's fault).

Auric’s POV

Inside the dark room.

Jermaine is a monster- an aggressive handsome monster that is. He seems to know his way to my body, where my ears are, my neck, my chest and down there. I think his vision is more clearer in dark just like cats. So as this nocturnal creature giving me a hickey ( I know coz I remember the same feeling when he sucked my flesh) somebody tries to open the door from outside. With that, I quickly push Jermaine slightly to give me enough space to button up my uniform while him zipping up his pants. (My hands are just excited in the dark, I just noticed.) A woman enters and turn on the lights. I was surprised. She was surprised. Jermaine- unsurprised. We’re at the science lab!? Yes. I can totally see that with all the muscular, skeletal anatomy hanging on the corners, test tubes on the tables, there’s no way I got this wrong.

“Mrs. Wilde!?” I said. My eyes are more questioning than hers. “Why are you here?” I added. Mrs. Wilde put her stuff on one of the table and approach us…suspisciously.

“I want to ask the same. What are you doing here? You still have like ten minutes before our class. Getting excited, I guess.” She said with her usual sunny tone voice. Phew!* mentally wipe my forehead*

“Yes. Ma’am. I’m really excited for class!” I said. I have to play like I was really excited instead of really busted so that she will no longer scrutinize who’s this demi god I’m with. But seriously? It’s our lab day? Gosh! I need to take a look at my schedule before I totally lose my awareness.

“So excited that you bring a company with you?” she asked looking at Jermaine.

“Hi Mrs. Wilde. I’m Jermaine.” He stuck out his hand and Mrs. Wilde shook it in return.

“Jermaine!?...Auric’s what?” Mrs. Wilde sharply asked with matching eyebrow lift. She doesn’t sound angry. Just curious. Oh I hate quick-witted people! Now I stare at Jermaine with such a worry, wondering what will he gonna say. Will he say ‘Auric’s friend’ or ‘Auric’s boyfriend’? Well, I will not lie. I’ll surely have a short disappointment if ever he’ll say ‘friend’. I said short because who knows? Maybe he’ll use that to cover up what’s between us. It won’t hurt? Of course…it will. But if Jermaine is earnest and undoubtful of what he’s feeling, he’ll say the other one, right? Right! I just remember how he asked me to be his boyfriend over microphone and before many people’s eyes- that was just so corny. But hey, who says love isn’t corny? Bring him/her to me and I’ll throw him/her some of that kernel corns. Kidding.

He cleared his voice to answer her question at my unexpected state.

“Auric’s knight in shining armor.”  He look at me and give me a very sweet smile that just makes me blush big time, my teacher as a living testimony. I think I just drop my underwear. Mrs. Wilde did not freak out. In fact, she’s glad. Happy for me to be loved by somebody overlooking the sexuality. Mrs. Wilde is a lesbian and is seeing someone just so you know.

“Well, I’m happy for you two love birds. Since you two are there can I at least ask a favor? If it will not disturb your, you know.” She said smirking at me as she points out my hickey. I quickly cover that up.

“Ma’am!?”I snorted.

“I’m just sayin’!?” she replied.

“It’s fine really. We’ll just resume the ceremony later. Right?” Jermaine said blinking at me. He is so cocky. And how come Mrs. Wilde tolerate that? Ughh! Right then, the three of us arrange the chairs in the lab before my classmates come on in just to disarrange it once again. Classic scene.