Chapter 1

A/N: all flashbacks will be in italics. Happy reading!

I remember my last day in the adoption center.

I remember my last day ever seeing my brother or sister again.

I remember it all.

*flashback*

"Yes, we have a few kids between the ages of 7 and 13. Just follow me." Trisha, the secretary of the adoption center, said politely, leading a young woman back to our age room.

I was sitting in the back left corner by the table with the coloring books and crayons. My brother and sister were sitting with me.

Kenzie, my younger sister, was 9 at the time with short blonde hair, about to the top of her shoulders. She had pretty aqua colored eyes that lit up every time she was around me and my brother. She was sitting at the table coloring in the Hello Kitty coloring book.

Michael, my older brother, was 13 with short brown hair and brown eyes. He was watching the lady and Trisha talk to each other at the door.

I was the middle child. I was 11. I had long blonde hair that curled at the bottom. It was about to my mid back. I had the same aqua eyes as my sister. We were all very tan.

"Michael, what are you looking at?" I asked trying to look at what he was looking at.

He was looking at the door. I think.

"Shh." He shushed me.

I just listened to my brother and kept quiet.

"I think they were pointing in our direction." My brother said, nervously.

My stomach got about 10 billion butterflies and my heart dropped.

I stared at them and sure enough, Michael was right. They pointed at us and started walking our direction.

I scooted closer to Michael and he engulfed me into his arms.

We've been in this adoption center since we were all little because our parents couldn't afford keeping us. They still come in every now and then to see how we're doing but it's only every 2 or 3 years.

The lady and Trisha approached us and stood right in front of us.

"These ones?" Trisha asked politely.

"Yes." The lady smiled.

The lady was very pretty. She was tall-ish. She had shoulder length brown hair with brown eyes. I saw she had a tattoo on each wrist. I couldn't read it because it was in cursive.

"Hi there." She said, squatting down to meet my eyes.

'Was she talking to me?' I thought to myself.

"Hi.." I said quietly.

"My name is Demi. What's your name?" She asked me.

"Ella Marie." I said looking at Michael.

She smiled big. Demi picked me up and cradled me in her arms.

"This is the girl." She smiled widely.

I gave Michael a panicked look.

"Don't take her!" Michael yelled suddenly.

Trisha's eyes widened then she looked over at Demi, who was staring at Trisha awkwardly, and smiled with a fake nervous laugh, "Michael, now leave Mrs. Lovato and Ella alone." She said through clenched teeth.

"She bites!" Michael screamed.

I nodded and went to bite Demi but Trisha pulled me out of her arms.

She looked at me like I was crazy, "can you excuse us?" She smiled.

Demi nodded and Trisha carried me around the corner.

"What has gotten into you!?" she whisper-shouted.

"I can't leave Michael and Kenzie.." I cried.

She ran her fingers through her hair, "I know but don't you want to leave this place?" She asked.

I nodded, "but not without Michael and Kenzie." I said.

She nodded and took me back over to Demi.

"Come her pumpkin." She said holding her arms out.

I just stared at her and ran to Michael. He hugged me and whispered comforting things in my ear.

I could hear them whispering about me.

"She doesn't wanna leave her brother and sister." Trisha mentioned.

Demi nodded slowly, "I can bring them here everyday to let them visit?" She said but it sounded more like a question.

"If she'll agree to it." Trisha said.

"Oh. She'll agree to it. Your policy says that if I want a child here, I can take it and if you won't give it to me, I can sue." She smiled evilly.

"You would really do this to my business Mrs. Lovato?" She asked shifting her wait to one leg and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yes I would. I want that child." she said pointing over to me.

"Alight..." She finally sighed.

Demi came over and grabbed me, "come on love." she sang.

I screamed and kicked. I've seen too many families get torn apart because of people like her.

She signed the papers and threw me into her car without letting me say goodbye to Michael or Kenzie.

That was the last time I ever saw either of them.

*flashback over*

~*~*~

So what did you guys think!? Give me some good feedback!!

If you want me to keep writing this story, please tell me!

I love you guys!!!

5 votes for the next chapter!❤️