Chapter 1

Narrator

     "So, you're probably wondering how are lives are so weird, right?" Ariana blurted, pointing to the reader. The fourth wall shattered.

     " Fresh, you haven't even told what happened yet,"Elizabeth reminded. 

     "Wow, thanks for bringing up that point. It's not like there was a description before this, explaining what was happening,"Ariana, or Fresh as her friends called her, said. Her voice dripped  with sarcasm. 

     "Anyways-" Natalie chimed in "this is the story all about how my life got flip turned upside down." 

     "Just read the thing,"Emma snapped.

     Ariana's P.O.V.

     "Ya nasty,"I commented, doing my best Raven Symone impression. 

     Nonetheless, Natalie continued shoving gummy bears up her nose. She had tied back her jet black hair that I envied, and put on her huge thick framed glasses. Concentrating, she stuffed the tenth one up her left nostril. I let out a little snort, as she made a weird wheezing sound. Still, she kept cramming the gummy bears up her nose. It had to be the work of Emma's- it practically had her name written all over it. Emma constantly dares Natalie to do stupid stuff, and every time, she'd give in. It happened so often, we called Natalie "Dare." 

     My heart started beating a bit quicker, as Natalie, or Dare, started vigorously  shaking her head. 

     Emma and Elizabeth let out a laugh. I cocked an eyebrow, as Natalie flailed her arms around, while her eyes were shut tight. I winced, as spit and gummy bears smacked everyone in the face. Shuddering, I flicked the candies off, as did everyone else. Dare apologized, as we ran from the cafeteria to the bathroom. 

     I couldn't help but laugh while removing the sticky goop from my hair. I wet a paper towel, and soaked it in water. Bing Bing. Bing Bing. Elizabeth rolled her eyes, and complained about being late for class. We were all going to language arts. 

     Elizabeth, Dare, Emma, and I all had English in 6th period. We were all in the 7th grade, and attended a middle school in New Jersey. Elizabeth didn't like English, but excelled at all other subjects. She took the highest math class, and I'm pretty sure she won some math contest. She's pretty serious, yet very resourceful. In a nutshell, she's the mom of the group. She likes being called Ellie, over Brains, which is what we teasingly call her. Brains is an occasional nickname, because she'd kill us if we constantly call her that. 

     Unlike Ellie, Dare was the least serious person you'd ever meet. If she wasn't cracking corny jokes and puns, she was singing. Dare's the type of person people stop to listen to. Her voice manages to be soft, but powerful.  I sing with her once in a while. I'm a decent singer at best, but my friends for some reason think I'm great. Dare dabbles in theater, and likes all that artsy-fartsy type of stuff. 

     I crammed my lunchbox into my backpack, and grabbed my binder and folders. I jogged into the classroom, and awkwardly took a seat, like my friends did. My teacher, Mrs. Rivers, gave us a welcoming grin, and continued her lesson. She picked up a yard stick, and pointed it at a hardcover novel propped up on an extra desk. I opened my black binder, and answered the pre-questions. From what I picked up from the title and description, it was about these teens in the 60's that formed a gang. It was called The Outsiders. 

     A/N: YAY chapter 1! I hope you enjoyed this first chapter of this book. I'll be uploading another one pretty soon. Don't worry, the drama is gonna happen soon enough, just be patient.