Chapter 9

Emma's P.O.V.

           I spun around as soon as I heard someone threaten my friends. 

     "I wish you would!" I shouted, getting ready to knock someone out.

     "It's just me!" Two Bit confessed. He walked closer to me. So it was him. I unraveled my fists and sat back down. 

     He apologized to Johnny, who was shaking in his seat. He was clearly drunk. 

     Two-Bit sat beside Marcia. "Who's this, your great aunts?"

     "Actually Two-Bit, they're my grandmothers ," Fresh snapped. "Buongiorno, nonna."

     He smirked. He cocked an eyebrow. "What was that- Italian?"

     "Nope. It was French,"Fresh scoffed. "Oh, these are Cherry and Marcia. We met them cause of Dally's charming personality."

     They started talking about getting into fights and stuff. I'd consider myself pretty good at fighting. After all, I am a military brat. My dad served in the military for 20 years in order to get U.S. citizenship. Of course, I was only alive for 7 of those 20 years. Still, I learned how to fight real well. I could beat the crap out of anyone, not to brag. We went from New York to Philly to Marlyand. After 20 years, we finally settled in New Jersey, and he became a mechanic. He went to this mechanics and engineering school in Philly, which is where he met Fresh's dad. 

     Fresh's dad is an engineer and works on the roads. My dad's a heavy equipment mechanic, and works on equipment used for roads. Their jobs go hand and hand. My mom is a hairdresser and so is Fresh's mom. My mom owns the salon and Fresh's mom is a hairdresser.  Our parents were best friends even before we were! I'd like to think of the whole thing as fate. It would be expected that our parents would introduce us to each other, and that's how we'd become friends. Nope. We met in 4th grade. We were in the same class, but never really talked. One day, our teacher switched seats, since some people wouldn't shut up and we sat next to each other. We started talking, and before you know it, we wouldn't shut up.

     Fresh sprung up from her seat. Out of curiosity, I turned my head only to see Marty. Ponyboy rolled his eyes when he saw Fresh attach herself to Marty. He was being shady, probably since he didn't know why Fresh is obsessed with Marty. Ever since she watched Back to the Future in 6th grade, she couldn't stop obsessing over it. Ponyboy wouldn't believe us about the time travel thing, so I wasn't gonna waste my breath explaining. 

     "Hi, I'm...Calvin,"Marty greeted. 

     "My name's Cherry," Cherry sweetly said, getting up to shake Marty's hand. "You don't sound like you're from here. What is a nice boy like you doing in Tulsa?"

     He scratched the back of his head. "Ah...it's kind of a long story. Our parents are out of town, so we decided to make the most of it, you know? So we visited Tulsa."

     Dare began to object, but I slapped my hand over her mouth and nudged her. She furrowed her eyebrows for a few seconds, then smiled in realization. 

     The movie ended in about 45 minutes. At first, Cherry and Marcia wanted to call their parents for a ride. After lots of persistence and begging, Two-Bit finally got them to agree to letting him drive them to their houses. I'm pretty sure the fact that we were with them made them relax a bit, but they still seemed like they thought we were sketchy.