Chapter 10

Two-Bit's P.O.V.

     There I was; boozed out of my mind. The kid who was hitting on Dally bumped into him. So I guess you could say she literally hit on him.

     She messed around with her pockets. She didn't bother starin at his face. 

     "One of you guys left your jacket behind,"he said.

     So the Soc or however you spell it says," Well well well. 'fit isn't Dallas Winston."

     I laughed a lot not really concentrating too much. I was always ready for a good rumble. I had a switchblade in my pocket. I was gonna use it unless someone  said the fight was going to be skin-to-skin. 

     Dally cocked an eyebrow, a trick I had taught him, and said, "That's who I am. Now why don't ya just leave them alone, unless you want some trouble."

     They started making threats. I took my booze bottle and broke it, making the glass spill everywhere in tiny pieces and all. I tell them if they was ready for a rumble, I'd fight them. They looked at me all buggy-eyed at first, then got mischievous grins. Then they started telling their broads to get into their cars. Marcia looked at me and smiled and waved, then got into the car. Her and Cherry hopped into the backseat. 

     "Wait a minute!" Marcia and Cherry yelled at the same time, and then just Cherry said, "Don't you go thinking you can tell us what to do like you own us. You're barkin' up the wrong tree here if you think you're gonna have a rumble! You know I don't like fighting, it disgusts me!"

     Cherry leaped out of the car and started yelling more at the Socs.

     "Baby, relax, I didn't mean any harm," the Soc said, slowly lifting up her skirt.

     She slapped his hand real hard and gawked her mouth wide open.

     "Get your hands off of her!" Marty shouted, and approached the Soc. 

      Dare's P.O.V.

     One of the Socs with dark chocolate hair walked up to Marty. He didn't look too happy. He shoved him. Then, he shoved him again. That's when Marty shoved back. The Soc made his hand into a fist.

     "Wait, what the hell is that?" Marty asked and pointed behind the Soc. 

     The Soc turned his head, and so did I. Then, Marty punched him right in the jaw. Wait, what was he pointing at? I thought. I explained my thoughts to Emma in a whisper, who told me she'd explain later. Dallas told us girls to back up. I jumped onto the tiny patch of grass near the road, near the rest of the girls. Dally kicked one of the Socs in the..."special place", leaving the Soc on the ground. I smiled as I realized that 'we' were winning. I cheered on Dally as he hit the guy more. 

     I frowned a bit. I sort of felt bad for the Socs. Maybe they really were nice people. Behind their cars and clothes, they really could be good people. I've  never been one for violence, unlike Fresh and Emma. I didn't really understand why the greasers didn't like socs and the socs didn't like greasers. Me and Ellie, Emma, and Ariana are all friends, and we don't all have the same amount of money. Well of course we don't all have the same amount of money. That'd be interesting if everyone in the world all had the same amount of money. There should be a book about that. Anyways, it really upset me that they couldn't get along. Maybe that was my mission. I smiled to myself. I knew my purpose for being in 1965.

Fresh's P.O.V.

     "Ow!" Marty moaned in pain as I pressed an ice pack against his cheek. It was bruised, resulting in a purple tint.