Chapter 2

Ariana's P.O.V. 

      School had just finished. I grabbed my backpack, and neatly put my planner and folder into it. I took out my headphones, and started listening to I Want You Back, waiting for my friends. Everyday after school, we met at my locker. Like usual, Dare was the first one to arrive. Trailing behind her was Emma, who was rocking some baggy jeans and an oversized sports jacket. She always liked dressing like a 90's hip hop star, and was proud of it. Of course, Elizabeth was the last one to arrive at my locker. We said our goodbyes, as Ellie departed to her bus. The rest of us were walkers. 

     "Happy birthday, Ari!" Ellie called, before jogging off.  I smiled to myself. 

     "Yeah, happy birthday, girl,"Emma encouraged. "I still can't believe what happened at the cafeteria." 

     "I know that was crazy,"I agreed. "I keep telling you guys it's technically not my birthday til Sunday."

     Dare and I started laughing our butts off, as she ranted about the food in the cafeteria. The smiles ran from our faces, as we heard the familiar giggles that made Emma cower. She diverted her attention to picking at her nails. The girls that intimidate Emma, and basically the whole school, were of course, the most popular girls at school. Carla was the head of them. She wore short shorts, a faded white top, and way too much makeup. Her face was contoured! 

     As Carla and her friends passed us, she wore a smug expression. They tossed their hair, and started giggling profusely. They had always been the type of people to passively diss others. That way, they'd never get in trouble. What friendly people. 

     As we exited school, we begun going over the homework we had to do. Thank goodness it was Friday, and all we had to do was read. I texted Ellie, reminding her what to bring over for the sleepover. After some arranging, we were all over at my house. 

      By the time everyone reached my house, it was 3:25. I greeted my mom. She had her dark brown hair pinned back, as she rolled out pasta. The aroma of dough and sweet tomatoes slapped me suddenly. My mom looked up from her cooking, and greeted my friends. They all waved back, as we headed up to my room. 

     We entered my medium sized room. I had just cleaned it, so it didn't look too bad. Posters of all my fandoms crowded my wall. I lifted up the curtains to let the sunshine flood in the room. I smiled, and we all sat down on the floor. We turned to the first page. 

     "Ooh I wanna read first!" I announced. 

     "'Kay Fresh, do your thing,"Emma responded. "It's your birthday. But I'm reading after."

     "Then I'll read after you,"Ellie announced. 

     "I guess that leaves me. Last is the best!" Dare beamed. She always seemed to have something weird to say. 

     "When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home," I read. 

     I droned off, reading every single word on the page. I smiled, as I got into the character descriptions. After about 10 minutes, we finished up the chapter. There was an awkward silence.  

     "So, Soda seems kinda cute,"I blurted (sarcastically, of course). 

     I covered my mouth, immediately regretting it. It was the first thing that popped in my mind. Hopefully, my friends were mature enough to just-

     "You love him!" Dare screamed, tackling me. 

        I shook her off while smiling and rolled my eyes. Some people don't understand sarcasm.

     A/N: Fictional crushes are SO ANNOYING! I can't be alone on this. Anyways, thanks for reading. The next chapter will surely be action packed. So, what do you think is gonna happen? I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Stay tuned!