The Interview Part 1

Monday

Eve's POV

It was Monday morning, I decided to start work pretty early to sort out what questions to start the interview with. I took a shower and changed into a blue t-shirt, navy jeans and a pair of Vans. I put my hair into a half-up-half-down hairdo.

I put minimal makeup on and walked out of my room into the kitchen. I made some eggs, bacon and toast and had it with a mango smoothie. I ate my breakfast whilst writing my questions down. There was a knock on my door.

I finished my breakfast and got up to go to the door. I opened and Jerry was standing there, I let him in and went to clean up the pans and my plate. I saw in the window reflection, Jerry walk up to the table where my pad is. I turned to look at him.

...........................................

Marco's POV

I stood by the window in HQ tower overlooking the site, putting my shirt on, getting ready for the day. I smiled, thinking about how hard it been for the past few months to get this site running. I sighed and sat down on the sofa as Amanda walked in, with a pile of papers as usual.

"So I got your schedule ready for the day. Are you really sure you want to do this after what happened with Frank?" she said. She moved from the table to the sofa opposite me, sitting on the armrest with a concerned look on her face.

"It's something I need to do. You already know that, Amanda. Please, I don't want to talk about Frank." I replied, gritting my teeth. That's something I didn't want to think about right now.

" I know but this interview will only fuel-" she said whilst I cut off her saying:

"This project is the only way to save my image but mostly myself. Just try to help me out and don't criticise this interview."

I walked to the kitchen to grab something to eat. I didn't know why Amanda had to bring Frank up. Frank was one of the first real friends I ever had. He was a black scholarship student who was first in his family to go to college. It made me so sad that our relationship soured the way it did, we were such good friends. I wasn't speaking English so fluently and those pompous Harvard snobs were always laughing my accent and grammar. Frank helped me out with that, in return, I helped him with getting close to some Latina girls in his neighbourhood. He was always cool like that.

I chuckled softly to myself.

But then things changed as we started the company, we became more distant and quite frankly, more aggressive when Frank started mentioning my father's past.

I sighed sadly because I didn't want to believe it but I knew that he was right about my father.

"Ready to go, Marco?" Amanda said, interrupting my train of thought.

"Yeah, let's go" I replied. We made our way out of HQ into the main area of the base and waited for Eve and Jerry.

Eve. There was something about her that I couldn't quite shake. She seemed so determined to get this interview and I wondered why.

I sure liked her ambition, it was so.....sexy. And so was she.

.................................................................................

Eve's POV

I grabbed my pad from the table and gave a Jerry a dirty look. I gathered my bag and put my phone in it.

"Why are you so pissy for? You should proud that me, a white guy, wants to take notes from you, a black woman." Jerry said, smirking.

" So you pass them off as your own, Jerry? You think that's honourable? huh?" I said, walking past him, chuckling which clearly set something off because he sped past, angrily muttering to himself.