Cracker Barrel

I stood in the living room, dressed up and ready to go, gazing at my last texts. Chica calmly waits seated at my feet, panting happily. I give her some pats on the head and after satisfied with her petting, she wonders off to chew a bone on the floor.

Better than the dry wall.

I turned back to my texts.

Me: I'm getting off work early, I'm gonna swing by.

Mark: Okay, you can let yourself in, just finishing up editing a video.

Editing is taking a long time, but he is doing it by himself, again. I was about to go over to Chica and play with her, until I heard swift footsteps coming from behind me. Before I could turn around, a pair of large hands reached out from behind and clasped my breast firmly while a deep voice rang in a sing-song fashion in my ear.

"BOOOOOOOOBS!"

I laughed and dropped my shoulders in a playful manner. "Is this how you greet all your female guests?"

"Only you." He gave me a quick peck on the cheek, his facial hair tickling my face. There was a slight pause before he gave my breasts a couple squeezes. "Honk, honk!" He boomed in a trucker like voice.

I playfully shoved him away with a giggle. "Save that for another time, big guy." After a shared chuckle between us, he gestured to my clothing.

"And why are you looking especially beautiful today, mlady?"

I laughed and brushed the comment off to the side, "Hang up the fedora there bro, we're going to the Cracker Barrel."

His face lit up to the surprising news. "Yay, random date night!" He paused and his expression faltered. "Awww, Shit! I need someone to puppy sit Chica." He ran his fingers through his dark black and bright red hair.

At the mention of her name, Chica's ears perked up and she lifted her head from her bone, panting lightly at her owner, before wondering over to ask for attention.

"Nah," I waved my hand, while my other hand lightly petted the pupper's head. "Roommate is gonna show up in 15 minutes to watch her."

He looked at me with pleasant surprise as he scratched Chica's ears, "You got everything planned out."

I shrugged, "Yeah, I figured you needed a break and I know how much you love chicken and dumplings."

"I do." He gushed.

---

Soon enough, my roommate showed and the man and I were off to his favorite restaurant in the whole world. As soon as we got there, we made sure to get a table for two away from the prying eyes of the public. Such is the life of dating a famous YouTuber, I guess.

"And what will you be having this evening?" The cheerful waitress beamed.

"We'll be splitting an order of chicken and dumplings." Mark answered for us.

"Wonderful, you two." She scribbled on her notepad. "Coming right up." She skipped away and I let out a slight sigh.

"Well, she didn't know you or make a scene."

He gave me a quizzical look, "Why are you always concerned about that?"

I shrugged. "Ever since Pax East, and the photo thing with Polaris, people are catching onto us."

He gave a small shrug as well. "Some people are noticing a little bit, but like I said, don't worry about it. Most of the fangirls are focused on me and Jack and all the 'Septiplier AWAYYY!!' stuff anyway." He waved his hands around in a silly fashion as he made the remark about the ship with his good friend, but then gave me one of his genuine smiles. "Really, everything's gonna be fine."