A Bet, Lost

(And this image is an ad for sin. Enjoy.)

I woke up and stretched, letting out a deep sigh after a good night's rest, nothing to do today, just another day of hanging at the boyfriend's house. I jumped out of the bed after taking note that Mark was already up and dressed, judging by his absence in the room.

Feeling rather lazy, I slipped into a pair of yoga shorts and threw on one of his discarded shirts from the pile, over my matching bra and underwear, my favorite to wear, really comfortable to sleep in too. His shirts are always baggy and oversized on me, which made them all the more snuggly. Once I was dressed, I made my way to the bathroom, where I brushed my teeth and swallowed my daily pill.

My roommate had once asked me whether we use condoms in addition to my birth control pills. I told her that we sometimes do for extra safety, but since we're both clean of any diseases, we figured it was pointless most of the time. As long as I take my daily pill, we're good.

As I left the bathroom, I greeted Chica who walked by, toy in her mouth, she looks so adorable. It was silent in the house, save for a faint sound coming from the downstairs living area. Mark had pre-recorded videos that he stock piled for Vidcon left over, so he just uploaded those today, or so he told me the on our way back home. So, it would appear that the both of us have a well-deserved break. I made my way downstairs to find the source of the noise; Mark was busy sitting on his couch, playing Overwatch. Clad in a blue shirt and jeans, I gotta be honest; I'm surprised he's wearing pants again.

Not wanting to disturb him, I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a cup of coffee. I sat down, sipping the splendid roast until Chica passed by me again and sat at the door, it looks like she has to potty.

"Mark, Chica needs to pee." I hollered.

"I'm not wearing shoes!" He called back.

"Neither am I.... Or socks.... I think both of us are too lazy to put them on." I took another sip of my coffee as he shouted back over the noise of the game.

"I'm not wearing socks either, and I think you're right. Just let her out the back, she'll start barking at the door when wants to come back in."

I did as he told me, letting Chica out into the back where she could piddle freely. Then I sat back down to finish my coffee, drinking it down to the very last drop.

Moments later, the back door echoes with a familiar noise.

"Borf! Borf!" Chica called out from behind the door.

I put my coffee cup in the sink and went to go let her back in.

"Feeling better after your bathroom trip?" She looked at me with that cute doggo smile as I asked her and then pitter pattered off in search of another toy, most likely.

"I'll take that as a yes." I said to myself as I strutted into the living room and confidently turned to Mark as he cheered himself on his recent victory.

I grinned. "Can I join? I wanna play Mario Kart, though. I've been playing Overwatch a lot too, but I'm gonna be honest, I want to play something competitive with you."

He turned to face me, raising one eyebrow, then went over to switch games and controllers, handing one to me when he came back. "Be my guest." He gave me a look. "What's the catch?"

I took the controller and flopped on the couch. "Let's make it interesting. If I win the race, you're paying for a date to the new coffee shop that opened up."

"That doesn't seem bad." He shrugged. "I would love to do that. But, what if I lose? Which I'm not going to of course, because I'm so good at games and such."