Some Companionship

I yawned and stretched as the morning light seeped through the blinds. I look at the clock by the bed side and rubbed my eyes, 15 past 7 o' clock. Today was my day off work, but I'm still used to waking up to my alarm in the morning. I sighed and swung my feet onto the carpet.

I hear the faint sound of running water. Mark is already up and taking a shower, I contemplated going in and spooking him, Psycho style, but decided against it. Instead, once I got to the bathroom door, slightly ajar and steam pouring out, I just pushed it open.

"Mark."

"Good morning!" He called back from the shower.

"Morning, don't forget to save some hot water for me." I called back over the sound of the rushing waterfall.

"You could hop in with me, that will save loads of water, and I can have someone scrub my back."

"Scrub it yourself!" I shouted back with a chuckle.

He emerged, dripping wet and grabbing a towel.

"Fine." He grumbled playfully as he stepped out. "But, it's available now, for you to enjoy." He made a grandiose gesture to the running shower. Which was pretty silly, being that he was still soaking wet and stark naked. I still can't help but think how many of Mark's fangirls would love a sight like this. Though it's more hilarious than erotic, to be honest.

"Thank you, kind gentleman." I made a curtsy with the baggy shirt of his that I was wearing and immediately slipped it, along with my underwear off and jumped in.

The water, still nice and warm, cascaded down my body. I let out a contented sigh.

"How did you sleep?" Mark asked drying himself off outside the curtain.

"Very well, especially when Chica snuggled in between us." I laughed as I bathed myself and washed my hair.

"You know, she can get jealous sometimes."

We both shared a chuckle.

"Are you floofing your hair for power?" I asked as I noticed the shadow of him rubbing the towel over his head.

"FLOOFING THE HAIR FOR POWER!" He shouted vigorously rubbing his head.

I peeked out to see and mass of floofy black and red hair atop his head. "How you doing?!" He greeted.

"You're a silly one." I giggled as I closed the curtain again and washed out the conditioner in my hair.

"You're silly." He retorted back in a fake childish pout. "Oh, I should get you a new change of clothes. Hang tight."

"I wanna wear your sweat pants!" I shouted as he left.

"I will bring you my sweat pants." He shouted back to me.

I turned off the water and dried myself off as he came back with the aforementioned clothing. He was clad in his Reptar shirt and black shorts. I'm actually surprised he was wearing pants at home this early.

I grabbed the sweat pants and another one of his shirts that he brought and slipped them on.

"I'll go make some breakfast; that okay with you?" He asked me as I finished drying off my hair.

I smiled, I can't deny he's a good cook and I love his food, but there's one question that remains.

"What are you making?"

"How does French toast sound?"

"Mmm." I licked my lips. "Delicious."

I heard a sudden scratching sound coming from the bedroom and it looked as though he did too. "Shit." He muttered, "Can you check to see if Chica is chewing on the wall while I get the toast started?"