A Night To Remember Pt.1

(These two part chapters will contain smut, proper warning have been placed if you wish to skip it.)

 Chica lifted her head and her ears stood up as she heard the lock to the door adjust, she then licked her chops and stood, pitter pattering over to the door as it swung open.

"Hey Chica Pica." A familiar voice spoke to her in a baby like fashion, she panted softly, sitting in front of her owner as she enjoyed ear scratches.

I set my phone down and made my way over, just seeing Mark rise to turn his attention to me and away from Chica. I jogged up to him and leaped in the air, a bit surprised he managed to catch me and I immediately clung to him, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. I pressed my lips against his in a passionate, welcome home kiss.

Chica, noticing the lack of attention, shifted in her sitting position and whimpered a bit, however, as bad as it sounds, neither of us gave it much notice. Our lips parted but, I still held onto to him and he held onto me.

"Well, that's one way to greet someone." Mark was a bit taken aback, but none the less, gave me his warm smile.

I giggled and pressed my forehead against his. "How was Comic Con?"

He sighed, nuzzling against my forehead, "The usual exhaustion, but still worth it. Was Chica a good girl?"

I pulled back and our eyes met. "Yes, a very good doggo."

We both turned to look at an attention-starved pup, and I giggled, "I think she's saying she needs love too."

"Awww." Mark set me down on my feet where we released from our embrace and both kneeled down to pet our pup. "We can't have Chica left out too." Mark spoke in that baby tone as he fluffed her ears.

After a bit of doggo snuggles, Mark stood, wobbling slightly, as if a bit drunk, which is out of the question seeing as he can't drink anymore.

"You gonna be alright?" I asked, helping him with his bags.

"Yeah, I'm just real tired. I need some sleep." Mark yawned. "Videos are probably gonna be late tomorrow. Oh well, I really just need some rest."

I nodded in understanding. "Alright, get some shut eye." He smiled in a sleepy way back to me and went for his bedroom. "Oh, Mark." I stopped him for a moment. "Welcome back."

We gave each other one last smile before he went off to bed.

The following days proceeded busy as usual with a heavy workload. On the upside, I have steadily begun slowly moving into Mark's place. On the downside, because we're usually busy working on a daily basis, every night we have been eating whatever instant dinners are in the fridge, feeding and walking Chica and just flopping in bed and falling asleep after long and exhausting days. There hasn't been the romance we talked about over the phone when he was at Comic Con. We're both just too tired for that stuff and even when we do cuddle up close in bed, Chica insists on joining, which is nice except when you want to do way more than just cuddle a bit.

We didn't really discuss it much until I was asked to help him and Kathryn on editing a video.

Mark and Kathryn were busy talking about how the thumbnail looks as we were finishing up, the question had been gnawing at me for a while now, so I decided to ask.

"So, what exactly do you need my help for?"

Mark turned and smiled, "Just telling me how the end result is if you don't mind."

Kathryn nodded, "Like a test watch."

Mark started playing part of a video, "Hey Amy, is this funny?"