Prompt #1

Prompt: Kaz and Killian run into Aaron

-----------------------------------

"Where are you boys going?" David asked as we went downstairs.

I was staying at Kaz's house for the weekend, something that had become common over the summer. His parents were the nicest people I'd ever met in my entire life and I felt like I was in a cheesy 90s family sitcom whenever I was around them.

"We're just going out. I figured I'd take Malley to the coffee shop for some ice tea," Kaz said.

"Here, it's on me," David said, reaching for his wallet.

"No thanks, David. I can pay," Kaz said.

"No, no. Killian is our guest. Besides, you two helped me clean up the garage yesterday. This is my thanks," David said, pulling out some money and offering it to Kaz.

"Thanks," Kaz said with a grateful smile.

"You're so spoiled," I informed Kaz as he tucked the money into his pocket.

"Listen if my mom and dad want to give me money, I won't fight them too hard on it," Kaz said. He had a confusing habit of switching between "David", "stepdad", and "dad" when referring to David.

"Have fun boys," David said.

Kaz led me out of the house and we got in Kaz's car together. He plugged his phone in and started driving towards the coffee shop, rolling the windows down as we screamed out music lyrics together.

"You're playing ring around my head, I'll wear you like a halo. You're a symphony, I'm just a sour note," we sang along loudly, laughing a little at how out of tune we were.

Spending time with Kaz always brought my mood up, not that I'd ever admit it to the egotistical little shit. He switched from sweet to rude as hell constantly, but he always tried to make sure I was having a good time with him.

Kaz parked in a small parking lot, with a little building standing before us. It was cute, which meant it probably had kickass drinks.

We got out of the car and Kaz came around to me. He looked up at the sky and seemed to soak in the sunlight a bit.

"It's so nice out today. Not too hot," he said, smiling at me.

"But I'm here," I said. "It's very hot."

Kaz elbowed me in the arm. "And you say I have a big ego."

"You do have a big ego," I said.

"Kaz!"

Kaz flinched at the voice, tensing up so hard that it made my stomach drop. He forced the calm composure he had into his body and relaxed himself, turning.

I turned my head and suddenly felt sick, because I recognized the boy standing there as Aaron Kizziar from Kaz's pictures. Aaron didn't look much different than when he and Kaz had dated; attractive blond guy who looked normal enough.

"Kaz Warrick and Killian O'Malley," Aaron said, coming over to us. He was followed by two older boys, one who I was assuming to be his brother based on their similar facial features.