Chapter 8 - Carolyn

I was amazed to see her. My best friend finally with me once again.

I called josh so he could come get us considering the fact that I never had a car. My form of transportation was my horse.

Ugh I miss it.

I stayed with Ally and Jess just having small talk until josh finally arrived.

"Hey hitchhikers." he laughed as he pulled up to sidewalk.

"Alright guys get in." I said opening up the passenger door. I was prepared to sit shotgun till I realized who was in the passenger seat.

"Hey Lynn how's it going?" Blake said with a chuckle. Oops.

I turned and hopped in the back of the tall black hummer seated next to Ally.

"Alright drive josh." I told h plainly

"What's the magic word." Blake practically sang with a smirk.

"Drive josh now." I said returning the smirk.

"Wow I'd never seen a hummer in person... Only in those magazines." Ally attempted to whisper to Jess but everyone managed to hear her.

Ally's accent was really thick.

"Hehe so Lynn who are your friends." Josh asked me.

Why is he calling me Lynn.. why did Blake call me Lynn.. that's not exactly a common
name of mine. I shook off the nickname and answered his question.

"This is Jess she was my best friend when we were little at the summer camp, and this is her sister Ally."

"Are they single?" Josh asked causing Ally to blush.

"Hahaha my friends are off limits."

"Anyways did y'all just get into town?"
He asked.

"Actually-" Ally started.

"Um we were robbed...On the train. we were headed to Maine to see our aunt and live with her but we got robbed and ended up here." Jess continued pinching ally's arm.

I already knew there story. It was explained in the letters Jess sent me. I still had the letters and I remembered her promising to never tell. so I didn't. I think that was a mistake.

"They're staying with us from now on. in the pool house it has two bedrooms and a kitchen yet nobody uses it." I said assertively.

Silence.. dammit.

"Josh I need you to back me up on this it's Important okay?" I told him again.

"Josh."

"Alright I hear you. but it's gonna take some work convincing Linda."

"Leave that to us." Blake chimed in flashing me a smile.

"Eyes off my sister dude your taken anyways." I heard josh whisper to blake.

"Um Lynn could we stop for food? me and Jess haven't eaten in a while." Ally asked.

"Sure no prob it on josh." I giggled.

"Hey!"

I shot josh a slight glare for complaining.

I looked over and saw Jess sitting calmly staring out at the window. She was as quiet as a mouse, which wasn't usually it just wasn't her comfortable silence. I could help but wonder what was going on in her head.

Josh ordered some cheeseburger combos for everybody through the drive-thru of Mcdonalds.

On the way back to the house and the rest of ride was pretty simple just small talk. the occasional josh flirting with my friends and Blake flirting with me and me ignoring it.

I was skeptical to get back to the house and talk to Linda considering how lunch went.

If anything she'd have a personal shopper go get new clothes for Jess and Ally and treat them like she treated me. I wasn't afraid of her reaction. I already knew she'd be acting as if she was sympathetic and let them stay for as long as they liked. To be honest I think Linda would do anything for me. it's like I had her wrapped around my finger.