Chapter 2 - Carolyn

Chapter 2:

*Carolyn POV*

"Flight 748 boarding now." The lady spoke over the loud speaker.

The airport was crowded, and people were frantic to get to their flights on time. Everything seemed to be moving very fast. I only had to wait 30 minutes before the flight was called. My nerves were running high. One part of me couldn't wait to actually meet my mother. The other part of me couldn't wait to smack her in the face.

I picked up my four bright green suitcases and one carry-on and began to head to the escalator. I got my bags checked. I watched them disappear into the plane cart. Praying for them to make it safely.

I went to the place where my plane was boarding, and checked my ticket again. Only lady took my ticket and pointed me in the first class area. They sat me down in a white leather seat and put my bag away. Pulling out the phone my mother had sent me, I checked my last few messages from my friends in Kansas.

From Maya:

I'll miss u forever xx Bff's don't forget me

From Angel:

So sorry about your loss. Call me when you land. I'm going to miss you

From: Brad

Well I guess this means we won't get to ride the horses together. Miss you

From Kristen:

So glad you're gone: P Have a nice life loser!

A bunch of texts from my friends except for that girl Kristen. It amazed me how she even had my new phone number. I only gave it to my best friends. Those include Maya, Angel and Brad. Nobody else. Oh well I won't have to deal with her ever again. Reading the text messages from my friends made my eyes instantly water. I wiped my tears on my Purple long-sleeve knitted sweater that Mrs. Roberts had made me as a goodbye gift. I re-adjusted my pony tail and laid my head back. I just wanted to go to sleep. Right as I was about to put my phone on airplane mode, a text came through.

From Linda:

I hope you enjoy your flight. I will wait for you at the New York airport. I hope you like the iPhone. I'm very happy that you're coming to stay with me. See ya soon Love you! Ttyl xx

I was instantly enraged. Does Linda think that just because she let me sit first class and got me a new phone that I am supposed to be completely and totally okay with this situation? Is she trying to buy my love? Well, she can't. She left and she never came back. Never contacted me. Not a birthday or holiday card. Nothing, yet she expects me to be nice and sweet to her.

Nobody understands this at all. Why did he have to have a heart attack? Why did she have to leave me? I was only a kid. I didn't mean to do anything wrong ever. I really wish I could have been good enough for her. She was at a reasonable age. It's not like she was 16 and pregnant. She had time. She was already married so how come she left? I can't take this right now.

I turned my phone on airplane mode and pulled out my little iPod and listened to some music. Kelly Clarkson began to play.

"Because of you" Couldn't be a more ironic time to play. I clicked next. "Better in time" Great song, I'm just not in the mood for it. I clicked next again. "Skyscraper" Love this song, but I don't want to listen to it now. I went through my iPod and found the angriest music I could possibly have on my iPod. I pulled a sketchpad out of my bag. I pulled out the colored pencils and pens and placed them all neatly together in the cup holder. Pulling out a pencil, I franticly, yet freely, scribbled all over the paper. Ideas from my brain flowed through my arm and were placed onto the paper. When the song was over I ended up with what looked like a picture of a little girl sitting on a swing.

In the picture, the little girl was all alone. Sun beginning to set. Rain already falling. The girl was looking down and sitting on the swing. The whole picture was dark. The girls little dress. The sky the only thing that had color was the swing itself. And even that was only brown.

I continued to draw pictures. Each one more powerful than the last. I drew Thorny roses, horses and wolves. Even a close-up of that little girl.

I ended up with at least 12 different pictures before my hands got tired and I wanted to sleep. I put my iPod away a drifted into a sweet slumber.

Author's Note:

Chapter dedication is the same! Remeber to comment and fan and vote :)