f i v e

Banner Made By Me

  "I want you. All of you. Your Flaws. Your Mistakes. Your imperfections. I want you, and only you." - Unknown  

Music blasted from my discounted twenty-dollar speakers as I danced through the room like an idiot, drink in hand

With the numbers finalized and the shop reorganized, Hell Week, was officially over and it was time to celebrate.

I paused my dancing momentarily to check the timer on the stove. Clara was coming over to help celebrate and I was making vegetarian stir-fry to go with our movie night. Still good. She'd be here in fifteen minutes and the food would be ready by then. I tangoed back into my sparsely decorated living room, dancing around the plain jane couch and the coffee table covered in bridal magazines.

Turning on the TV, I quickly scroll through the channels to see if there was anything half decent. There wasn't. Muting the TV, I turned up the stereo as it switched songs and pulled my hair into a messy bun before heading into the kitchen to add a few more ingredients to the stir-fry. But before I could enter the kitchen there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I shouted. A vibrant Clara came bouncing through the door, her hair in a fit of brown waves as always. I laughed as she dumped two tubs of Talenti gelato on the table. Grabbing at the containers I checked out what flavors she bought. "Caribbean Coconut and Mediterranean Mint, hmm?" I hated coconut. I snatched the tubs and slipped them into the freezer before I reached over and turned the stove off. Once our dinner was prepared, I grabbed both plates and led the way into the living room. Clara followed me, her excitement easily noticeable. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited, too.

"Are you excited we are all done with Hell Week?" Clara asked as she propped her feet on the glass coffee table. She lounged back on the couch, eating her stir-fry. I smiled and made myself comfortable beside her, resting my plate on my chest.

"That's a silly question, don't you think?" I teased, taking my first bite.

"That's true that is kind of a dumb question, " Clara replied. We ate in silence for a while before I set my plate down to get up and turn off the stereo.