e l e v e n

Chapter Is Currently Unedited

"We fight for the things we love, but run as soon as we are fighting with love." - Unknown

Dinner was amazing, the food was so delicious but the company was even better. I had just finished my meal. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay here for another year. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with Andrew. He leaned forward in his chair, I watched the sleeve of his gray suit reveal a small tattoo on his wrist. I wanted to question it but wasn't sure if that was something I was actually allowed to do this early into meeting somebody.

"Did you enjoy your food?" His voice drew me in. I wanted him to tell me a million stories, but I'm pretty sure I've said that just as many times.

"Yes, It was actually really good! How did you find this place?" I hadn't ever been here, I felt my mother and I had seen every restaurant New York had to offer.

"My mother showed me this place when I was younger. I think it's one of New York's hidden gems." Our waiter rushed over to the table and set the check down. Andrew quickly reached across the table snatching it before I could even see. The waiter removed our empty plates and asked for a dessert order. I was stuffed but I hope Andrew said yes.

"Does that mean you bring all of your dates here?" I think I was trying to flirt. The atmosphere between us was dragging me closer to him.

"I haven't yet no, you are the first for sure. I honestly don't make time to go on many dates." He smiled another award winning smile. My knee were trembling below the table. I need to thank Clara for making me wear this dress.

"What made me special enough to bring somewhere so important to you?" The question caught myself off guard. I had no clue it was going to fall out of my mouth. I wanted to take it back, it wasn't something you asked somebody.

"You seemed... unique, special, and I really wanted to be a part of that." A small tiny bowl of ice cream with Oreos and sprinkles scattered across the top. My heart was beating so fast. I could feel my hands getting sweaty. "This is my favorite dessert? My mother used to ask for it when I was a younger boy, she is allergic to chocolate so we always had to special request this. Now they just know." I listened intently grabbing one of the spoons sticking out of the mound of ice cream.

"That's perfect because I hate chocolate." I spooned a little bit of ice cream before putting it in my mouth. The flavor was rich, the texture was creamy, and this was the best ice cream I have ever had. I was stuffed, but suddenly I felt I could eat a thousand bowls of this stuff.

We mingled a little longer, I learned he had a brother that moved to Texas to become a plastic surgeon. He had made the joke that everything was bigger there. I learned about his childhood home and that his father also passed away a few years back. I felt for him. Losing my father was one of the hardest things to go through. We finished our ice cream rather quickly.