t w e n t y - o n e

Chapter Is Currently Unedited

  "Mistakes just help you learn and grow" - unknown  

I wasn't even sure how I made it to work the next day. After Carter had left the apartment I was up all night tossing and turning. There was no way I was going to be able to sleep. I had thought about just not showing up in the first place. There was nothing I really had to get done. My week of moping had pushed me far enough ahead I was able to take a couple of days off.

Something about just laying in my bed didn't feel right at all. So here I am. Standing in the middle of a crowded room, with some of the happiest most in love women the world has ever seen, with a broken heart. I wandered around the room grabbing a few little oddball things for a consultant here and there. Clara wasn't here today and that made this so much harder for me.

The dresses were all in order and the brides were taken care of so there really wasn't any reason for me to be around, but I for some reason didn't want to leave. I wanted to mope. I wanted someone to sit next to me and tell me about how rude Carter was for leaving. Even if I didn't believe he was rude at all. I wanted somebody to be on my side. I mostly just wanted someone to talk to. Someone to help pass the time.

I glanced at the clock on my phone. Come on Erin only a couple more hours, honestly maybe not even that long.

I decided instead of just standing around like an idiot that I needed to head up to my office to get something done. Whether it be pre-paying bills or answering more emails. This day just needed to end.

Walking into my office felt weird. I needed to rearrange this place, clean up some of my old decorations and add some new ones in here.

I spent the next couple of hours doing so until I was so physically exhausted I couldn't handle it anymore. All the stress and emotions have really been draining me the last couple of days.

I slumped into my office chair, laying my head down on the wood desk. A small folded paper fell down landing softly on my hand. I looked up to see what the paper was. After unfolding it, my heart sank.

Erin, I hate that I have to do this but I couldn't bare to see you. I snuck into your office and wrote you this note. I saw you in the shop, and how stunning you looked even with the pain behind your eyes. Yes, I see it. Those brides might be blinded by their fancy dresses but I see your pain. I'm sorry I caused that.

I have to leave though. I can't be here without you. You chose Andrew by asking for more time. You weren't willing to just choose me. I was hurt by that. Don't take this as me just running away from my problems. I'm not running anymore. You didn't pick me, there is nothing I can do about that. So until you want me, I must leave. I can't stand always seeing your beautiful face without being able to kiss you.

Oh god don't remind me of actually kissing you. I've been wanting to do that for years. I've been so in love with you and your lips. You're personality and soul are the things that really matter to me and lately, you haven't been yourself. But I know you are still in there. I love you and I wish you the best with Andrew. He is a lucky guy.