Cool kids and kissing

That night I kept tossing and turning. I couldn't get the picture of him out my head. he was just so... wow.

My phone buzzed and I got a message. I opened it and to my surprise it was Jake.

It read

"Hey want me to pick you up tmro ?"

"Sure :)" I typed back quickly.

I put my phone next to me and decided to go get some chips from down stairs.

As I made it to the fifth step I tripped and tumbled down the stairs.

"Fuck!"

I picked myself up and flicked on the light switch. to my surprise my brother was just sitting there on the couch.

"You okay?"

I squinted my eyes "does it look like I'm okay?"

"Oh my happy Harris your head is bleeding!"

Happy Harris ?

I ran into the bathroom and wiped the cut with a rag and all it was, was a slight slice. No biggy. I put a bandage on the cut and grabbed the chips.

I sat next to Damon my 11 year old brother. He was the only boy in the house because my father passed away and my other brother well he's not exactly my brother... well he is but... he's gay and he moved away, his name is kelvin but I only see him for holidays.

I asked Damon on what was wrong, he had the same problem as me couldn't sleep. We sat there watching Christmas flicks till we both fell asleep.

The next morning when I woke up I went up stairs and grabbed some clothes. I turned on the shower then checked myself in the mirror. I slowly peeled off the bandage that was stuck to my head. I stared at the cut for a minute and noticed it heeled a little somewhat from last night.

I got in the shower and felt the warm bath water slid down my body. I got out and put on the clothes I had picked out. Blue sweats, a white v-neck, and white vans. I grabbed as hair tie and pulled my hair up into a messy bun. I grabbed my bag and headed down stairs.

I went slowly pass the stair I tripped on then continued at normal speed for the rest. I grabbed a pop tart and heard a horn. I made my way out the door and say bye to my mom.

The was that little red truck I always seen. I smiled and ran to the passenger seat.

"Hey ape."

"Hey"

He started driving and before I knew it we were there. I got out the car and walked to the corner store Jake following behind. I bought a Arizona and a bag of chips. Jake bought a Gatorade and that was all.

We walked in the fully packed hallway to our lockers.

The first period bell rung and today my first period was with Jake.

We walked into science and sat next to each other. the period was silent and towards the end is when we actually started talking.

"You sure you still wanna go to lunch?"

"Yes don't be afraid your with me."

I assured him.

The bell rung and we split.

As I walked into the next class there stood a girl, tall... well at least taller than me, orange hair, freckles, green eyes. She was extremely pretty.

"Hey you must be the new girl, April right?"

"Yea."

"Well I'm Candace Maoneh leader of the cheer leading squad, head of the mathletes, and also student body president."