Chapter 8

A minute till the bell... He glances around the room to see all the exited faces once more. He planned on dropping out the next year. What was the point in coming to school, anyway? No one spoke to or even looked at him when he was at this terrible place. He was a straight Ds and Fs student and he'd been held back twice. Thirty seconds... He anticipated the crowd of beasts screaming and stampeding through the white walled
isle of doors.

The room was silent accept for a few girls whispering and giggling to each other in the front. 10 seconds...5 seconds...2 seconds...DeeeeeDooooo, DeeeeeDooooo... People jump up hooping and hollering all around him, but he sat for a few seconds more.

After the last person left the classroom, being Jill Burton, Jayton stood and stroud out of the classroom and down the hall.

Jayton walked down the steps outside, thinking of work and the summer that lay ahead. He didn't realize he was about to run into someone, until it was too late.
To be clear, that person was Jill Burton, and she nearly fell all the way down. "I'm sorry." They both said at the same time, though Jill's words drowned out Jayton's almost whisper. She sped off quickly and Jayton walked towards his janky truck.
20 minutes later, Jayton arrived at his shack of a house a few county roads out of town.

His dad was passed out on the couch with a bottle of Jack laying on its side empty, on the floor. Jayton rolled his eyes and walked to his room to grab his brother's letterman's jacket.

Most brothers wouldn't let their other siblings wear their trophies, but this situation was different.

You see, Samuel died five years ago. He was in the little Nissan that day that their mother hit an eighteen wheeler head on. Needless to say, the car ended up under the cab of the truck, the truck driver was fine, but mom was pronounced dead at the scene, and Sam was in bad condition, and that's where he stayed, for a year and a half, until he died. The doctors said he would be able to come home, but he got really bad after that.

He took another look at his father, internally promising himself that he would never drink.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
How is it going?
Like/Vote/Comment
•Please no hate comments, only positive ones. (Ex: Grammar errors, inspirational stuff, predictions, etc.)
•Thanks!!!❤️💙💛
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳