Chapter 9

"Jayton, ma' boy!" Mr. Barker slapped his giant hand on Jayton's small back, almost making him face plant.

     "Hey Mr. Barker..." Jayton let out warily. Jayton worked on a few vehicles once he got away from his boss. After a few hours of playing handyman, 9:00 rolled around, so he grabbed his jacket and headed homeward.

      His dad was strangely not passed out on the couch as he usually is when Jayton gets in, but he didn't care. He walked into the kitchen to grab dinner. He opened the refrigerator to discover that there was no food in the house, another night without dinner. He laid down on his bed and drifted to sleep.

     Jayton woke up the next morning to a crashing sound coming from the front door. He jumped up and ran into the living room to discover the front door smashed in by his father, who was laying on the ground passed out. "Great!" Jayton screamed at him. "Now I have to fix this as well." His only response from his father was a hiccup.

Skipping to July...

     Well, this morning, Jayton's dad was halfway sober, but by no means completely, but he was sober enough to yell and bully him around all morning. Jayton slammed to door in his dads face, but he opened it and threw an empty Jack Daniels bottle at his son, but drunkenly missed.

     Jayton climbed into his truck and drove to work. It was quite a stressful day at the auto shop and Jayton was on his feet all day. Finally, closing time roled around.

     He didn't want to go home, so he drove through a few county roads out of town and pulled over. He opened up the glove compartment and pulled out a revolving pistol. He held the metallic gun in his shaking hands. He was useless, worthless, and unwanted. No one would miss him. He held the end of the barrel up to his temple and started to cry. "You're worthless!" He screamed into the windshield. "No one will miss you! You are better off dead. Don't be a coward like your father!" He sat there with the barrel up to his head and debated whether to pull the trigger.

     He slowly pulled the cylinder away from his head and placed it back in the glove compartment. What he a coward for not pulling the trigger? He turned the truck back on and drove forward. Over the hill, Jayton saw a figure walking on the side of the gravel, well they were running more like. As he got closer, he identified the figure as a girl in his class. He pulled over and rolled the window down.

That was the moment when Jayton met Jill...

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
How is it going?
Like/Vote/Comment
•Please no hate comments, only positive ones. (Ex: Grammar errors, inspirational stuff, predictions, etc.)
•Thanks!!!❤️💙💛
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳