Chapter 10

"What is a pretty girl like yourself doing out here by herself on the 4th?" Jayton asked through the window of his truck.

"None of you business!" She answered hotly. "Leave me alone." "there ain't no way in hell I'm leaving you out here!" He answered back. She stopped and asked his name. "Jayton." He said flatly. "And yours?" "Jill."

Jayton opened the driver door and climbed out. He took off his brother's letterman's jacket and placed it securely around Jill and helped her climb into his truck. "Pardon the mess." He spoke calmly to Jill now.

He climbed back into his truck and drove back into town. He pulled into the all-night diner in town and they both got out. Jayton payed for the food and latte that Jill ordered and the two sat at a table in the center of the dining room in front of the large window.

A large streak of lightning flew across the dark sky and the thunder made the window shake. It started to pour outside, so the two could not leave unless they wanted to get wet.

The two sat and talked until dawn, laughing and joking about random things and discussing different topics. They didn't even realize how fast morning rolled around and the rain stopped. One reason the rain had stopped completely, the two thanks the waitress and tipped her, and walked out to Jayton's truck.

Jayton pulled over on the curb in front of Jill's house. Jill was consumed with the idea of what was about to come from her parents. Jayton saw it in her eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked concerned. "Yeah!" She smiled with her braces. "Here is your jacket." She truer to take it off. Jayton placed a hand on her shoulder and kissed her. She was shocked for a moment, but then kissed back. When he pulled away, he told her she could keep it and that he would see her soon enough.

Back at Jayton's house, he sat in his truck and opened the glove compartment and stared at the 45'. He was glad he hadn't pulled the trigger, because he would not have the best night of his life.

The End

So, how did you like it? I read all comments, so please do, I like feedback, I don't care if it is + or -. Also, just a heads up, I will be going back and make headers and correct any grammar mistakes, so please comment if you see any, thanks.

Much Love,
K.R.Beasley

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
How is it going?
Like/Vote/Comment
•Thanks!!!❤️💙💛
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳