Chapter Thirteen

We got back into the car the next morning and I browsed through his CD collection. I had never even heard of most of the people but when I would bring up one, he would immediately go on about the band and interesting facts and such. I picked out the Arctic Monkeys CD and examined it as he drove. I flipped it over and looked at the names of the songs. I immediately found one that sparked my interested and put it in and skipped to the song.

"Really?" He asked rolling his eyes but he tapped his finger to the song.

Now it's three in the morning and I'm trying to change your mind
Left you multiple missed calls until my message you reply
Why'd you only call me when you're high?
High, why'd you only call me when you're high?

I had to admit, it was pretty good. When it started to repeat, I found myself humming along to it. As the song ended I looked over at Harry who was smiling.

"Did you like them so far?" He asked with a goofy smile on his face.

"They are alright, that song was pretty good," I admitted.

"You loved it," he corrected me and I elbowed him and he pretended to swerve the car which made us both laugh.

We listened to the rest of the CD and I had to admit, they were good. It made me feel bad about my music taste because his was so meaningful and instrumental, mine was just fun and made me want to dance and sing.

I ejected the CD and put it back in its case and set it carefully back. When I looked over Harry had his hand gestured towards me.

"What?"

"Let's hear it," he said using his hand like a claw and reaching it out towards me.

"Hear what?" I asked very confused.

"Your CD," he said pointing towards my bag by my feet.

"You don't have to listen to it, it was just an excuse so I didn't have to listen to yours."

"I want to," he said which made me smile.

I pulled out my CD and put it into the slot.

"Okay so this isn't an all Eminem CD, it's like kind of a mix CD I guess you could call it," I said before the music started.

He nodded and situated himself in his seat better. The first song was Monster. I turned it up as it started and began to sing along.

"Oh god, I'm not going to have to hear this the whole time am I?" He said laughing at my singing. I laughed with him.

"Yes you are," I joked and turned up the music louder and he pretended to wince from me turning it up loud enough to where I couldn't hear myself singing.

We listened to the rest of the CD and I had to admit, they were good. It made me feel bad about my music taste because his was so meaningful and instrumental, mine was just fun and made me want to dance and sing.

I ejected the CD and put it back in its case and set it carefully back. When I looked over Harry had his hand gestured towards me.

"What?"

"Let's hear it," he said using his hand like a claw and reaching it out towards me.

"Hear what?" I asked very confused.

"Your CD," he said pointing towards my bag by my feet.

"You don't have to listen to it, it was just an excuse so I didn't have to listen to yours."

"I want to," he said which made me smile.

I pulled out my CD and put it into the slot.

"Okay so this isn't an all Eminem CD, it's like kind of a mix CD I guess you could call it," I said before the music started.

He nodded and situated himself in his seat better. The first song was Monster. I turned it up as it started and began to sing along.

"Oh god, I'm not going to have to hear this the whole time am I?" He said laughing at my singing. I laughed with him.

"Yes you are," I joked and turned up the music louder and he pretended to wince from me turning it up loud enough to where I couldn't hear myself singing.

I threw my hands up and danced the best I could in my seat. He looked over at me and laughed while I was rapping along, not missing a single beat or word. I turned down the volume as the song was ending and looked over at him.

"Like it so far?" I questioned.

"Ehhh," he said doing a so-so hand motion but looked over at me and smiled. "It wasn't that bad surprisingly."

I smiled as I turned the volume back up and let him listen to the next song, Initiation by The Weeknd. As each song passed I could see him tapping his finger along to it without thinking.

"Opinion?" I asked as the last song ended and I took the CD out and put it back.

"Not too bad," he smiled and poked at my stomach making me squirm.

I adjusted myself in my seat so I was more comfortable and watched him drive. I watched as his muscles tensed and he would occasionally run his fingers though his hair. I got the hair band from around my wrist and sat up.

"Here, let me," I said smiling as I took a handful of his hair that was falling onto his face and wrapped the band around it.

"I bet I look like the biggest dork," he laughed feeling at my creation.

"Kinda," I laughed and took in this tanned, muscular guy in front of me, with a baby ponytail on top of his head.

"Well thank you," he said wiggling in his seat.

As the drive went on, we stopped for lunch then got back on the road. It didn't take long until we were nearing his house. I looked at the neighborhoods full of kids playing in the yards and the dad's raking. We drove past them and drove out to a more wooded part. In a hidden driveway, he pulled in and I examined the surroundings. The house looked small, but cozy. It was a little brick house with a chimney that smoke was leaving. I gulped as I saw a woman in an apron run out of the front door with wide open arms. He parked the car and gripped my hand.

"Chill out, there's no reason to stress," he said reassuring me and then leaving me in the car as he stepped out and embraced his mom. They exchanged some words before he pointed towards me. She gave me a smile then looked at him and elbowed him as she ran over to my side of the car. Oh great.

"Sorry my son is so rude," she said opening the door and extending her hand for me. I smiled and took it as I stepped down.

"I'm used to it," I teased and we both laughed.

"Harry, you didn't tell me she was so pretty," she said making me blush.

"Thank you," I smiled at her. "You're really pretty too," I complimented her back awkwardly not knowing what to say. But it was true, she looked so young and lively. Her cheeks were tinted with a natural pink and her eyes made her look happy.