Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Hahna was standing over me when I woke up the next morning. "Whoa!" I shot up like a rocket. My back was pressed firmly against the headboard. "What are you doing in here?"

"It's breakfast time." Hahna told me.

"I would've come down." I replied.

"It's 10:15 and breakfast ends at 10:45. I was just trying to make sure you ate today. I noticed that you didn't eat breakfast yesterday, so..." Hahna explained.

"Oh, I don't understand why I can't wake up early. I went to sleep at like eight last night." I shook my head.

"You're probably just really exhausted from all your training. In a couple more weeks, you'll be used to the training and it'll be fine." Hahna smiled encouragingly.

"Thanks," I smiled. "I'll just go eat then." I got out of bed.

"Okay, I'll go now." Hahna smiled before she left my room.

I took a quick shower and got dressed in training clothes. I fixed my long red hair and looked at my face in the mirror. I had milky white skin, bright green eyes, and soft pink lips. I smiled to reveal straight white teeth. I felt unreal, like a doll.

I went downstairs and Ryan rose to his feet. "Good morning." He grabbed my waist.

"Morning," I replied. I looked around, the Lounge was deserted. "Where is everyone?"

"They're all out training." He leaned forward and kissed my lips.

I pulled away after a minute. "I'm starving. I didn't really eat much yesterday." I explained.

"Yeah, two French fries aren't exactly a filling dinner." Ryan replied.

"Yeah, I know." I slipped out of Ryan's hold and went into the Café. Gracen was sitting in there just waiting. I walked up to the woman and quickly ordered an omelet and a cup of apple juice.

"You must be Ferrah. Hahna asked me to keep the Café open for a few minutes longer to make sure you ate. She was really worried about you. Said you hadn't eaten a decent meal since you got here and it's been 5 weeks right?" The woman asked me.

"Um, yes, Hahna's a really amazing person. I'm so lucky to have her as a friend. She even woke me up this morning. She nearly gave me a heart attack, but it was a really nice thing for her to do." I smiled.

The woman nodded in agreement. A bell dinged and the lady went to the back and got my plate. "Here you go." She handed me the plate.

"Thank you." I took it and sat next to Gracen. "So what were you waiting on?"

Gracen looked at me. "You," he answered.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Just let me eat a little." I picked up my fork and quickly tried to get a bite.

"No, don't rush. Finish it. Take as long as you like." He shook his head. "It seems like all anyone is talking about today is you not eating. They're saying you're starving yourself."

"What?!" I shrieked, dropping my fork. "That's not it at all! I just haven't had the time to get a full meal in, but I've been eating at least a little."

"I know, but I want you to be ready for training. Breakfast is the most important meal of every day, right?" Gracen asked me.

"Yeah," I nodded. I picked up my fork and ate my omelet. I drank my apple juice and stood up. "Okay, let's go."

"So you're okay?" He asked, watching my face carefully.

"Yeah, Gracen, I'm fine. Let's go." I put my plate in the pile with the others and left with Gracen.