My Place

** Kyle **

I grabbed my phone off of my side table and looked at the screen.

'Come pick me up - Johnnie'

I entered my password and texted him back.

'I'll be at your house soon -Kyle'

I rolled out of bed and threw a T-shirt over my head. I grabbed my bag and phone and walked outside. The sunlight blinded me as I staggered towards my car and reversed out of my driveway.

I had reached his street when I received another text from Johnnie.

'park at the end of my street and walk the rest of the way - Johnnie'

I did as the text instructed, even though I was confused. I parked at end of his street and walked to the front of his house. I was just about to knock on his front door when I saw him frantically banging on the window of what I'm guessing was his bedroom.

He turned away as my phone received another text. He held up his phone.

'cant explain, climb up the ladder and meet me in my room -Johnnie'

After I stopped laughing at his command I walked to the side of his house and climbed up a conveniently placed ladder. He opened his window as I reached it and let me in.

"Umm..." I said, hoping he would tell me what was going on.

"I'm grounded, and I don't like being alone, and I also don't like heights so I needed you to come up here to help me get down off of our roof"

I began laughing as I climbed out of his window,

"Be quiet, my mother is down stairs"

I sat down and slowly slid down his roof, letting my legs dangle off of the edge as I stopped.

"Follow me"

He slowly and carefully copied my actions, he was sitting next to me shaking

"Now we just take a leap of faith and hope for the best"

I jumped off of the roof and landed perfectly.

"Now you jump"

I stood up, staring at him, my eyes partially closed due to the harsh sunlight

"I'm scared"

I sighed and extended my arms, "I'll catch you"

He flinched and fell off of the roof.

I caught him in my arms.

He opened his eyes and smiled at me, "You actually caught me"

"You expected me not to?"

He laughed, "Well you are wearing a beanie"

I placed him down so that he was standing. and we started walking in the direction of my car.

We both got into the car and I started the engine.

"So... do you live by yourself" He asked as I reversed out of the driveway.

His attempts at starting conversations where usually awkward.

"Yeah, I moved into my own place as soon as I got my licence"

"How do you pay for it"

"It was a rental my parents bought a while ago, They ended up letting me stay there for free, they wanted me to leave the house almost as much as I wanted to leave."

I took a sharp left turn at the edge of his street and continued in that direction.

"Where do you wanna go this time" I asked as I glanced in his direction.

"Somewhere with a computer and WiFi, My mother took mine away"

I gasped, "Oh what a monster, I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy"

We both began to chuckle.

"We could go to my house, I have a laptop that you could use if you want to"

He nodded.

I made a U-turn to go in the direction of my house.

<><><><><><><>

We arrived at my house and Johnnie immediately ran to my laptop and tried to guess my password.

I walked over to him and unlocked it,

"Just don't look in my search history" I said as I pushed the laptop in front of him.

He began to laugh, "Don't worry, mine would be worse, I shouldn't have let my mom get her hands on it, If she guesses my password I'm screwed."

"Okay, I'm gonna go watch a movie" I went and put a random movie I found in a pile in my room on.

After several minutes Johnnie walked in and jumped on the couch next to me.