Chapter 9

Danny POV

I was at the young justice Headquarters, well just now returning, just now setting off the alarm, just now screwing up a whole lot of things. "Hello? Pointy objects?" I asked, as all i saw was the whole team ready to attack me. Which was fine since I totally uncasually set of the scariest alarm ever like seriously Batman you scary.

"Hey guys, hehe that's a lot of pointy objects." I joked seeing Artemis with her bow with an arrow pointed right at me. Robin signaled everyone to lower their weapons. 

"So, I got some actually very important news to discuss. It's the reason why the portals are opening." I said waving my arms. Robin merely sighed, facepalming. 

"Come on inside next time just give me a heads up, also Batman wants to talk to you about the incident with the Airport. You're in some major like... dang your in  trouble, batman is so not happy with you. I gulped then nodded, Thinking about it one to ten scale of how much trouble I'm in is like twelve, scratching my head I tread behind the others, catching up to robin who waited for me.

"It's a long story about the airport, honestly it was not my fault. The lady was mental, I'm serious. I'll explain everything more, importantly I know who is behind this." I said to robin who only nodded. 

 "I'll set up and try and get some of the league's best over here, they might want to hear what you have to say. As well as us, so you better be ready to talk.

"Really, oh no Bird bro," I whined before a blue wisp broke through my lips. My eyes snapped open with that toxic neon green, trying to feel the dreadful undead energy. The shiver crawled down my back like fingers slowly closing in on my  breath. "Going GHOST" Sending two bright white rings over my body, getting into a fighting stance.

"Danny, what's the matter?" Wally asked I moved my arm signaling them to get ready for a fight. I only felt a tiny bit of undead energy, and it was closer until it disappeared. Then I heard some loud 'poof sound'.

"Everyone duck!" I yelled. I raised my  hand up, "I goTTA Concen...TRATE" I shouted using a bit of a psychic push i shoved everyone back, holding everyone back from coming near me. Robin was probably already trying to get help or the justice league's attention.

A dark cackle filled the air, two skull-faced cackling missiles blasted  out of the tree line, I jumped up to smash them down into the ground, the skull faces moved and bit down onto my hands, "Shit.." I threw my arms into the ground.

"That's a new trick ghost boy" A low voice shouted, I winced, from the pain in my arms. I knew that they probably are useless now. I lifted forced them up out of the crater only to see the arms ripped into pieces. "But my Croak N smokes are not something to play around with" I forced my arms to place, my healing factor will take a minute.

"Did your mom think of that one? I thought our last fight would make an impact  on you skulker" Skulker Emerged from the forest with a new suit an even hungrier thirst for my pelt... Oh, I can't even believe that I just thought that. I shook my head.

"ENOUGH WITH THE JOKES! Welp, are you ready to be a pelt on my bed.! A now very familiar voice shouted. I glowed the sickly green eyes of mine with a wrath. "My jaw still hurts, I remember that cursed punch. Trying to fade me, but I'm not here for a pelt, I'm here to rid you." Skulker landed, his armor pulsed, he towered over me, his face had a hologram, but his full metal body. "ARE YOU READY TO FADE GHOST BOY!"

"Nah, not really," I said shaking my head. Suddenly his sword was through my body. I leaned over that was fast. The sword went further into my body, I spat some of my ectoplasmic blood out.

"Danny!" Megan yelled. Gasps were heard from behind me. To think about it, ectoplasm blood doesn't taste metallic, more like that gross green licorice more than anything.

"NO! Danny LET US OUT! DAAAANNNNnnnYyyy!!" Screamed robin. I knew he collapsed. I smirked, I spat my bleeding tongue out, Skulker shifted in surprise.

"That was fast, just not fast enough Skulkster" I moved pulling my body from both opposite sides. I split into two Danny's my lips parted into a jack-o-lantern smile on both of my faces. I slowly released my haunting aura. Which gave the area a decaying feel. 

Skulker Kneeled down to the weight of the aura, as we both floated slowly towards him. I shot two ectoblasts at him, which he managed to shoot down before the clone shot him with a cryo-ice shard the size of a dog into his metal leg. "What!" He screamed, I nodded at my clone. Who flew into the Skulkers armor. "Get off of Me!" She shouted.

"Wow, your soo cold" My clone and i slammed our fists into his body slamming him into the ground before impaling my clone into him, making it explode into a spike ball of ice. "Just kidding i thought you end it for me."

"Really! It's a new suit" the helmet popped open. The small body of skulker. "Shit..." I eyed him. I bent over the spirit, who now cowered in my shadow. He tried to bolt off, but i grabbed him and brought him to my face.

"Info now" i hissed picking his body. Squeezing. "I've got the afterlife to wait." 

"DANNY LOOK OUT!" Artemis yelled I spun to look only to see something red, coming at me at a very high speed. Wait, that looks a lot like Val... Then things went black.

 Then things went black