Prologue| Destruction and Demons

(Warning: Gorey, Detailed, stuff here, if you can't handle gory stuff. Read until January 2, X784. Then skip to the next chapter. ((I think it's gory, but I'm not sure ☹️))Also: Contains Language)

July 07, X784

Stars shined across the sky and shimmered above the town of Hythe. Townspeople had already turned off their lights and were already in their slumber. Except, for a child and her mother.

Screams of pain and sorrow echoed through the town, followed by bone curdling crunching and splats of bodies. The bright lights of fires can be seen from afar. Large pieces of wood, damaged furniture, and decreased guild members were sprawled out everywhere among the countryside of Hythe.

Hiding from all of that chaos, a mother and her child were speaking to each other for the very last time. "Mommy..." The child cried as she was being hugged by her mother. "Are we going to be ok?" The sight around the child scarred her. The mother seemed to notice and blocked it away from her by opening the long sweater she had, widening it.

"Yes, sweetie, e-everything is going to be alright." Even though, there was panic in her voice, the child still trusted her. The mother, too, was scared. The child continued to cry, but was starting to calm down by the soft lullaby her mother sang to her.

'Will this be the last I'll see my daughter?' The mother thought in her head as she sang. 'Will this be the last I'll live on this land? Oh dear god, help me...' Tears streamed down the mother's face as she knew she had to do something about it. The mother sighed and went into action. She placed her hands on her daughter's shoulder and looked into her eyes.

"(Y/N), honey, I want you to keep this." The mother whispered as she took off a gold necklace decorated with gems and moved her brown hair that was in a side pony tail. "When you open it like this, a picture will appear in it. It's a surprise, but I want you to open it when you're alone. Okay?" The mother pressed onto the tip of the necklace, making the necklace open on it's own and revealed a picture of their family. The little girl, (Y/N), nodded and smiled at her mother. "Ok mommy."

"Now, you need to leave this scary place and find a nice place with pretty flowers. Mommy has some... important work to do. You think you could do that?" The mother asked making the child nodded furiously. "Yes, mommy!" The mother stood up and held the child in her arms. "Ok, but we need to be very sneaky!" The mother said, covering her child's head with a large burgundy scarf. "And (Y/N), if anything happens to me, I don't care what, but please, run away from me and find the pretty place with pretty flowers. Don't turn back, (Y/N)." The mother's purple eyes looked directly into (Y/N)'s (Eye Color) colored eyes.

"Understood, mommy!(≧∇≦)/" (Y/N) smiled and raised her arm in a Solute way to her mother. Her mother smiled back.' They walked past sneakily thought the rubble of destroyed buildings and flames. Her mother coughed quietly due to the smoke. She tried so hard not to draw attention to herself and her child.

"You think that's everyone?" A voice said loudly, close by to the mother and child. In an instant, they hid behind rubble. "I think-Wait-I smell something..." The mother's eyes grew big and started to tear up as panic filled her. The child noticed her mother shaking and the state of panic she was in and asked, "What's wrong, mommy? Why are you scared?" Lights of Blue and Green came out from the child's hand to her mother. "Everything is going to be fine like you said it would be!" (Y/N) said loudly and smiled as she calmed her mother with her magic. Her mother shushed her and looked back. Within contact of the lights, the mother sighed and calmed down. "Thanks (Y/N). Now I'm glad I taught you healing magic-" The mother stopped talking at she heard voices now closer than before. "Faa!~ Faa!~"