Chapter 9|Through his eyes

This is all set to

Sting's point of view

-

3rd Point Of View

Feeling the soft wind blowing through his hair, Sting huffed as he set his axe down on the tree stump. He had volunteered to chop firewood into little pieces. He regretted to do it.

Lector came over to Sting and collected the firewood. "Good work, Sting-Kun!" Lector smiled. Sting smirked and gave him a thumbs up. Lector then turned and went inside the castle.

"... Yeah, I work for the Eucliffe's." Macao's eyes trailed over to Sting for a moment before turning back to (Y/N). "How is it? Do you like it?" Macao asked. At that point, Sting froze.

Sting glanced at (Y/N), feeling slightly nervous for her answer. His grip on his axe became harder and stared at it with intense eyes.

Lector, who came back, sat down on a nervy tree stared at Sting, evaluating his reaction.

"It's not that hard," (Y/N) Grinned, "I like it." Sting sighed in relief and placed another wood onto the stump. He rose the axe and with force, swung down. The wood chopped into pieces. Macao looked at Sting then smiled at (Y/N).

"That's good to hear. If you didn't like it, I was going to kick Sting's ass." Macao said, drinking from his bottle of liquor.

Sting tensed up and looked over to Macao. "I can hear you, you know!!" Sting shouted with his arms raised, the axe in one hand and a stick in the other.

Macao chuckled. "I know. I'm just giving you a warning if you hurt her in any kind of way." (Y/N) glared at her dad and crossed her arms. "What do you mean a warning?! Sting wouldn't do anything like that!! He's a kind-hearted person!" Sting's cheeks tinted a little as she said that.

'She said I'm kind hearted!' Sting's thoughts beamed. "Mr. Conbolt," Sting stared, his axe over his shoulder, "I don't intend to do anything wrong to your daughter. She's a friend of mine and I respect her."

Sting walked closer to them and looked at Macao. Macao's eyes met Sting for a moment then looked at (Y/N) and sighed. "A friend of (Y/N)'s is a friend of mine."

"Prince Sting Eucliffe." A stern female voice called out. Sting looked up from chopping wood and turned to the source of the voice. "What is it, Erza?" Sting asked as he safely places the axe down. "I received an urgent letter from King Weisslogia, your father." Erza said, raising the hand that held the letter.

Sting walked over to Erza and got the letter from her open hands. He opened it and read over it. As he read over it, Sting widens his eyes and sighs. Sting turned to (Y/N), who was already looking at him in concern, and handed her the letter. She read over it and gasped. "We have to make our leave...then." (Y/N) said sadly. Macao widened his eyes and looked at Sting. "Already?!" Macao asked in surprise. "It was only five hours!"

(Y/N) gave her father a sad smile and said, "I know dad, but this is urgent." Macao sighed and gave her a small smile. He went up to her and hugged her. "At least I know you're safe." Macao said, his chin resting on her head. As he said that, (Y/N) felt a pang go through her heart and smiled through the hug.

Sting was in awe as he watched the father and daughter have their moment. He felt a bit jealous since he didn't have that kind of love with his father now. Sting furrowed his eyebrows and clutched the letter in his hands. "We're not leaving today." Sting said as he made up his mind. Macao released (Y/N) from the hug and looked at Sting in confusion. "What do you mean?" He asked.