Chapter 13| Betrayal

Note:
I went with the theory of Enno being Romeo's mother. Please don't be confused at the beginning, it's a flashback of Macao finding out what happen to you.

Also, warning: Language and blood.

Read at your risk

(Not edited)

===

July 08, X784

"What?!" The younger man yelled. His mouth was opened from shock as he had found out what had happened to his ex-wife and daughter. The news spread out too quickly. He ran his hand through his short purple hair and sighed. "This can't be happening!" He screamed, throwing on his jacket in a fast pace.

His wife, Enno, looked at her husband in confusion and asked, "Macao, dear, what's wrong?" Macao froze, not wanting to tell Enno the reason. "W-Well..." He felt the tears rush to his eyes as he prepared to tell Enno. "I-I found out someone so dear to me is dead... And I'm going to find out what happened. Just stay here and take care of Romeo please."

Romeo Conbolt was his five year old son that he and Enno both raised. Enno frowned and said, "I want to support you in this. Please take me with you." Macao shook his head and replied, "I don't want Romeo seeing this violence and I don't want him to know any of this. Just tell him that I went on a job or something. I'll be back later." Macao said as he kissed his wife on the forehead and left the household.

Enno sighed as she watched her husband walk out and quietly said, "He's always focused on his work than me..."

-

Walking in the rain, Macao tried his best to walk faster and avoid any muddy puddles. He had taken a train to Hythe, but it seemed the area where the death occurred was miles away from the train, making him walk there on foot. He looked down, wondering how this could've happened. Was it the dangerous neighborhood, was it a rival guild, was it a monster?!

Was it him?

Of course, he thought, it was him. It was his fault that he left his family, his wife and daughter, out in the danger. It was him, who out his wife into major stress and his daughter in depression. It was him, who killed his wife and daughter.

He rubbed his eyes due to tears escaping from his eyes. He looked up to see the destruction of the guild his ex-wife and daughter. He gasped at the sight and saw many officials around the area along with tapes around the area, permitting citizens to go through this site. An officer noticed Macao creeping up to the area and turned to him. "Who are you and why are you here?!" He asked, raising his pistol towards Macao.

Macao raised his hands up and replied, "I-I'm just here to see what happened... My wife and daughter were slain here..." The officer lowered his gun and walked towards Macao. "Your daughter and wife were killed here? How are your certain?" The officer asked. "My ex-wife and daughter were members of this guild... I want to know what happened."

The officer nodded and let him through the tape. "We've asked the townspeople and eye witnesses and they claim that demons attacked this area. It is possible that this guild was a target of the assassination guild run by demons. So far we've found 50 bodies over the ages of 20. The townspeople said that a child was also apart of the guild, but we haven't found the child. We suspect that she's either dead or missing. Possibly taken by the demons, but I don't think that happened."

"Oh god..." Macao gasped as he saw body bags over the field. "May I ask where the female body bags if I can see if my ex-wife is there?" Macao asked. The officer nodded and led the way. He walked by the bags seeing the tags that described the females.