17

Bonnie didn't speak to Eira after she said that. She wondered why she didn't get the dark feeling when she touched Eira's hand. Bonnie assumed Eira was a vampire but it just didn't make sense.

Eira spent class avoiding Stefan's stare. He wanted to make amends with her. She knew she was going to forgive him because the Stefan she knew would've never said that to her. There was something wrong.

After history class was over, Bonnie walked with Eira and whispered,"So you're a vampire?"

Eira's eyes widened,"Oh, no. I'm human for the most part."

Bonnie was confused,"How?"

"When the tomb spell broke, I awoke in my coffin. We don't know how yet," Eira explained.

Bonnie nodded, taking in that information. She wanted to get to know Eira though, even if she was the Salvatores' sister. "I'll meet you at lunch and we can talk more."

"Okay," Eira nodded.

_________

Lunchtime came and Eira was sitting at a table when Bonnie joined her. "Hey," Eira smiled in greeting.

"Hey," Bonnie replied back."So, you're like a witch?"

"I'll try to show you," Eira stated.

Eira looked around and she found a crack in the cement. She willed for her favorite flower, the rose, to grow out of the cement crack. It was a slow process. At first, the stem came out of the cement and then the dark green leaves grew. Finally, the red flower of the rose bloomed out.

"Wow," Bonnie stared at the rose.

"So far, I can like control plants and flowers. Stuff like that. And, um, if you look close enough you can see the sun's rays shine more directly on me. That's all I know so far," Eira explained.

Bonnie looked up the sun's rays and she did find them that most of them shined on her Eira, making her hair look golden white.

"That's really cool," Bonnie smiled because she had found someone she can relate to. Someone that is connected to Nature like her.

"Watch this," Bonnie continued. She made sure no one was paying attention before making the book in front of her levitate and then putting it back down.

"Now I'm amazed," Eira smiled.

Bonnie smiled back before asking,"Do you have any idea why you can do all this?"

"No," Eira shook her head. "It has something to do with why I'm alive, though."

They spent the rest of lunch talking like normal people, but they both knew that if anything supernatural occurred, they would tell each other about it. Eira felt like she made a friend who could understand her and she was glad for it.

__________

After school, Stefan had caught up to Eira, which immediately ruined her good mood. She didn't want to speak to him nor did she plan on riding back in his car to home with him. She would walk.

"Eira, can you just listen to me? I didn't mean what I said," Stefan pleaded.

"Then what did you mean Stefan?" Eira asked, crossing her arms. "Your words hurt."

"I know and I'm sorry...," Stefan started but Eira interrupted.

"Are you? Because the Stefan standing in front of me is not the one I know," Eira stated with tears gathering in her eyes.

Eira wanted Stefan to feel the emotional pain that he put her through with his words. She willed it to happen. Then, thunder rumbled in the distance signaling that lightning had struck before. Dark clouds entered the sky quickly over the school and rain poured down, pattering harshly against the ground.

Students mumbled around them how bizarre that this storm came out of nowhere. Stefan looked at Eira, realizing it was her. Eira had widened eyes as she realized it as well.

"Eira, come on. Get in the car," Stefan stated.

"I'm going to walk," Eira started walking.

"In the rain?" Stefan questioned.

"I like the rain," Eira spit out, harshly still upset.

"Fine," Stefan sighed and got in his car leaving her.

Now, she definitely knew something was up with Stefan because he would have never left her in the rain. Eira walked home and as she walked, her anger started to dissipate and the rain was less harsh and the clouds weren't as dark.

It seemed the weather correlated with her mood. It was another new thing about her that she had no idea why she could do it. It just happened whenever she really wanted something to happen.

She finally made it home and she walked through the door and Damon was in the hallway. "Why did you walk in the rain?"

"I wanted to," she huffed and walked past him to the stairs, completely ignoring him.

She felt bad for not greeting him so, she walked back and threw her arms around Damon in a hug. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't take my anger out on you."

She pulled away from the hug and he ruffled her hair,"How could I not forgive my little sister?"

"Damon...," she scolded as she fixed her hair.

He chuckled and continued,"How was school?"

"Well, I can control the weather now," Eira stated which made Damon's eyes widen.

"What's next? Time travel?" Damon said, sarcastically.

"I don't know. I made a friend. Her name is Bonnie," Eira continued.

"What? No, no. You stay away from witchy," Damon demanded.

"No," Eira huffed. "She's my friend."

"A friend who hates vampires. She can't wait to witch-fry us. So, stay away," Damon demanded and walked away from her.

Eira stomped up the stairs to her room. Now, both of her brothers have irritated her in some way. She wouldn't listen to Damon, she would do what she wants. As for Stefan, she'd forgive him once he started acting like himself.

Author's Note: My internet is up and running now, so I can finally update a lot more. Yay! We're closer to season 2 now so we're going to find out more about Eira.