36 -2x13

Eira woke up in the morning and went through her morning routine of taking a shower and getting dressed. She went downstairs and she found Stefan.

"Good morning, Stef," Eira greeted with a smile and Stefan gave her an odd look.

"You're never this happy in the morning," Stefan stated.

Eira paused in her step and thought,"Yeah, I'm not. But today I decided to be."

"And why is that?" Stefan questioned as she put Eggo waffles in the toaster.

"Well, Rose is still living, Damon isn't sad, and your well-being is intact, so life is good," Eira explained.

Stefan smiled at her ability to focus on happy things. She always seemed to look at the good that came out of a situation.

The Eggo waffles popped up out of the toaster, indicating that they were cooked. Eira happily put them on her plate and poured syrup onto them, practically drenching them.

"Eira, that's unhealthy," Stefan stated with a frown.

Eira looked at him with wide eyes,"But it's good."

Stefan shook his head at her and let her eat her breakfast in peace. After she finished, she asked a question,"So did you find Isobel yesterday?"

"No, but I found John," Stefan said.

"I don't like him," Eira furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'm pretty sure no one does, Eira," Stefan stated.

_________

Stefan was telling Damon and Rose how he brought John back to town. Eira was with Stefan just listening to the conversation.

"You brought back John Gilbert? That was your big "Save Elena" move?" Damon stated, incredulously.

"Who's John Gilbert?" Rose asked.

"Elena's father," Damon started. "He's a dick."

"Like you?" Rose teased.

"No, not like me," Damon playfully glared.

Stefan got them back to the conversation,"I went to go look for Isobel, and I get John instead. He said he can help us, and we're desperate."

"We're not that desperate, Stefan. The guy tried to barbecue me!" Damon stated.

"Damon, Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed . Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe. I mean, do you trust Elijah? I don't trust him. He's an Original, he can't be trusted. It's not like we can just go up and kill him, because apparently, he can't die!" Stefan explained.

"I'm still waiting for the part where John Gilbert is the answer," Damon said.

"He knew about the sacrifice, Isobel told him. He said he knew of a way to keep Elena safe," Stefan said.

"And how do we do that?" Damon asked.

"He's not talking. At least not to me anyway," Stefan stated.

"Great work Stefan. Top notch," Damon said sarcastically.

"At least he found a solution to save Elena," Rose stated.

Damon rolled his eyes,"Did it have to be John?"

"We get what we get, Damon," Eira lectured.