Chapter Two | Soon To Giving Birth

Stephanie did exactly what Mirabelle showed her to, waddling inside the building. She groaned. "Oh, it hurts!" Stephanie exclaimed. Nathen rushed over to her, followed by a doctor and two nurses. One of the nurses was pushing a wheelchair and sat Stephanie in it. "Alright, Mrs. Reed," The doctor said, leading the group to a hospital room. "On a scale from 1-5, what level do you think you're on to having the baby?"

The second nurse opened the door to a hospital room and the other helped Stephanie onto the bed. "4, I think," Stephanie said through her staggered breathing. A nurse strapped down Stephanie's feet to the bed, putting her into the position to deliver the baby. James walked in and pecked Mirabelle on the cheek. "How's she doing?" James asked Nathen. "Soon to giving birth," Nathen replied with a crooked smile. He might have been sweating more than Stephanie himself. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask everyone but Mr. Reed to proceed to the hall," The doctor announced as Stephanie winced, trying to conceal her pain for a little longer.

James nodded and led worried Mirabelle out of the room, leaving the Stephanie, Nathen and the staff. Mirabelle sat down in a chair, with the help of James and he sat down next to her, them clenching each other's hand. "That will be us," Mirabelle began. "I'll be delivering too, in just a month." James smiled, kissing her forehead. "And I will be right by your side the entire time," James brushed a piece of Mirabelle's hair that had fallen out of place behind her ear.