Chapter 3

<Hera's pov>

"Storm Bridger." Ezra's sister said. Wow this was all very new, from the way Ezra was smiling I knew we could trust this new girl and could belive that it was actually his sister, and not an Imperial in disguise. "Well I better take my leave." Storm said, hoping on the speeder.

"Wait what?" Ezra asked. His smile vanished and was replaced by a frown. "Where are you going?"

"There are certain things in the place I lived in that I need to get." She said. "And I don't know ifI'd be welcome with your crew, because I know that's what you were thinking." I looked at Ezra and he sent Kanan and I a sheepish smile.

"Well I would be fine with it." I said, denying Storm's suspicions. Storm and Ezra looked at me with big eyes and then looked at Kanan to see if it was ok with him too. I resisted the urge to laugh, they were so much alike.

"Alright." Kanan said returning a smile.

"Yes!" Ezra yelled jumping up. Storm hops of the speeder and gave Ezra a hug, which he returned. I looked at the horizon and saw that the sun was going to be up soon so that meant we had to leave Lothal again.

"Let's go back on the ship." I said walking up the ramp. Kanan followed me but Ezra and Storm didn't move. Kanan noticed this too so he called back.

"Ezra, Storm, we need to go back on the ship." He said. They didn't respond as Storm turned to face the sun. After trying to get Storm's attention for a solid minute, Ezra went wide eyed and faced the same direction.

"Come on." Storm said hoping on the speeder, with Ezra on the back.

"Where are you two going?!" Kanan yelled, but they were two far to hear. Kanan and I looked at each other and he gave a sigh. "One Ezra was bad enough, now two?"

"Well love, we couldn't let her stay by herself, plus there was something of-" I was cut off by the smell of smoke in the air. I looked at the direction Ezra and Storm went in and I saw smoke, and lots of it. Without saying a word Kanan and I ran onto the ship and into the cockpit. I turned The Ghost on and started to take off. Sabine came into the cockpit in the middle of the take off and sat down. She knew something was wrong, when the ship started taking off.

It took them under a minute to reach the site of which the smoke was coming from. It was the town that the crew had taken supplies from mere hours ago. It was now burned to a crisp, with no life forms to be found. "It's all gone." Sabine said.

"The people are prisoners of the Empire now." I said, with anger in my voice.

"No." Kanan said looking at the charred town.

"What do you mean 'no'?" I asked. Kanan looked at me and all I saw was sadness.

"They aren't prisoners." He simply said before getting up and running out of the cockpit. Sabine and I looked at each other before running out too. Outside was no prettier than in, except the smell of smoke filled the air.

"I've never felt so much death before." I heard Ezra say. At the edge of the cliff stood Kanan, Ezra and Storm.

"They're all dead." Storm said quietly. "They're all dead."

"The Empire is stepping up their game." I said angrily.

"No doubt the Empire will blame us for this." Sabine said steeping up beside me.

"They didn't find it." Storm said happily. I was confused. What did the Empire not find that was really important. Storm then put her hand up like Kanan did when he was using the force. A bag shot from the town and into her hand and she looked happily into it. I was shocked. Storm just used the force!