Chapter 3 - Public Reveal

Amy, Silver, and Blaze were fortunate that they didn't see the corpse itself. Eggman was sliced in half, intestines were torn out and spilling onto the cold, hard floor. His corpse lay in a puddle of blood, as well as soaked in it. His eyes were gauged out and his jaw ripped from his skull. Multiple gashes covered his body and parts of it were torn away by what could only be claws or teeth. Jagged, animal-like teeth.

The group was too disgusted by the image to continue the search. Although Tails wanted to extract information from Eggman's main computer, the entire system was off. The heavy stench of death in the room would've made it difficult to concentrate on the hacking, anyway. Exhausted, the heroes returned home to tell everyone of the Doctor's current... condition.

Being both an agent of G

Being both an agent of G.U.N and a citizen of the Kingdom of Acorn, Rouge was chosen to give the news at a public event. That's where we are now, backstage of said event; it would probably change the future. The bat flew in circles, having a nervous breakdown. In the shadows, red eyes watched her. She stopped when a cold chill ran up her back. She turned around, searching. When she spotted the red eyes, she faced them in a fighting stance, but relaxed when she recognized the being.

"Don't sneak up on me, Shadow, especially before such an important meeting." Rouge breathed. She had never felt this pressured before.

A black hedgehog stepped out of the shadows, closing the door behind him.

"I came in to check on you, and wish you well." Shadow walked up to his friend as she flew down to him. She sighed. "It seems like you need some encouragement," Shadow said, placing a hand on her shoulder. She turned her head away.

"How do you do it Shadow?" Rouge asked. He looked at her confused. "I mean, even now you're so calm about all of this. You act as if it's... just another mission or something." The black hedgehog sighed, taking his hand off.

"Someone needs to keep a level head, but I am just as shocked as the rest of you. This event is... troubling for all of us, not just you. The reason you were chosen to speak is that the government needs this information to be revealed by someone of their own and someone the people will trust. The public does not know Omega that well and... I do not fit either category." Shadow informed. He locked eyes with hers and gave a stern expression. "Do not be nervous. I, as well as the others, will all be behind you." His encouraging words caused Rouge to smile. She hugged him and he returned it, awkwardly. She stepped back and looked up at him, smirking. She then playfully punched his arm.

"Don't go all soft on me, Shads, you're supposed to be as emotionless as a rock!" She joked. Shadow crossed his arms and gave her a smirk, scoffing in the process. Her expression relaxed.

"Seriously though, thank you." She turned to walk away. "Well, I should probably get out there. You coming, Shad?"

"In a minute. You go ahead." She walked away as the hedgehog watched her. Shadow let his mind drift, recalling the day before, each event that had come to pass, the search for the blue hedgehog...