I'll be there for you

Part 2

"What so you mean it's important?" Luke looked at his son with a questionable look. "I have no idea dad just call him." Sky sighed loudly handing his father the phone. Luke set the knife down once again and wiped his hands on a towel. "Finish this then, please?" Taking the phone and walking into another room, Luke dialed Evans number.

It didn't take long before someone else's voice answered. It was feminine. "Hello?" She sounded angry. That's not how you talk to Luke but he blew past it. "Evan texted our son with the words mention that he needed to talk to me. Hearing thst you answered the phone I'm guessing it was a joke?" Luke leaned against the wall in the hallway.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I'll give him the phone." That was quick, usually these two argued for a good five minutes but it wasn't long before Evan spoke. He sounded more broken than anything. "Hey Luke.." It only hurt Luke to hear him like that. "Hey, you texted sky wanting to talk to me..is there something wrong Evan?"

There was a long pause before Evan sighed. "I don't think I can do this anymore.. I don't know if I could even have handled it with you. This is just so stressful and hard on me, I want to give up." Luke listened carefully to Evan's words, thinking about them for a few seconds. "Ev, listen to you.. you're stressed out obviously but whatever is going on over there isn't helping at all. You need a break, everyone does from their family sometimes even when it could make shit worse. I would gladly love to help you but.. I'm across the states where you left me all those years ago. If I tried to come see you thst would mean sky would have to lose his phone or car for a least a month or two.."

"What does sky having to lose things have to do with us seeing each other again?" Evan asked with confusion. "I've been tight on money ever since we broke apart. I had to get another job to afford the things he wants. I dedicated my life to Skylar and nobody else.. yet he still thinks I'm an asshole."

Thing between them were quiet. They talked for a good hour or so. Luke holding a lot of things back. The first time he's spoken to him in a year, he missed him enough to cry about it. Evan and Luke wanted to see each other again. It been as long as sky's age since they last saw one another in person. Once Luke ended the call, he wiped his face of his tears. Didn't realize he was actually crying or how long he had been.

"Dad..? Is something wrong?" Skylar mumbled, slowly walking to Luke. "Your dad is stressed out and needs a break. I told him I would love to help him if I could but I can't. Not without you losing your phone or car for a month or so. You'd hate me if I tried to do that so I had to tell him he needed to figure out another way. I was still here for him for a talk, I just can't be there in person." Luke wiped skylars phone on his shirt before giving it to him. He walked back into the kitchen to finish with what he started, leaving sky to just stand there.