Hard To Forget

Evan tells luke he's leaving but will come to visit him. That day never comes until it shows up on the news Evan was in a mass shooting. Luke panics and wakes up from the nightmare. Evan holds lukes face gently, tells him to try to stop having those nightmares and disappears because Evan died in a wreck a year and a half before.

____________________

"Luke there's something I have to talk to you about." Evan stood at the counter, waiting for Luke to turn around but Luke already knew. That horrid gut feeling told him it was over. They were done for. "Evan..save your breath..okay. I already know..I read the skype chat.." Luke put away a knife he had just cleaned.

"So you're snooping on my conversations?" The boy seemed to get pissed of quickly. "No..more like you forgot to remove me before you told everyone.." He sighed and set down the towel. "Just go okay..I'm not stoping you from living your life..especially if you dont want me in it."

"Luke its not that I dont want that it's just..I feel tied down. As if I dont have a choice to just go away." Evan shifted his weight. "I'm offended..because I told you that you're not tied down that you can do whatever Evan..but to break up with me because of that..too much for me." Luke turned away and tried to just breathe.

"But Luke you dont understa-" Evan stopped talking because he focused on Luke. His body jerked inward and all Luke could do was wipe his face. Luke was crying silently in front of Evan. "Luke..wha..are you crying?" This would be the first time Evan has saw Luke cry in front of him. The older man tried his best to hide his emotions but right now he was so hurt he needed to cry. "I think its best you leave now.." Lukes voiced was beginning to break. "I'm so sorry..Luke..please forgive me." Evan tried to stop himself from leaving now.

The both of them stood in silence, well close to silence, for five minutes. Then Luke cleared his throat and spoke softly. "You know where the door is.." Evan immediately felt ashamed. Like he ruined something perfect for him but all he could do was listen. Evan grabbed a bag he had ready, later on he'd get more things then turned and walked to the front door. "I love you Luke..but we needed a break." Then Evan left. Those horrid words were now burned into Luke's mind. Of everything he could have said, he choses the ones to hurt Luke the most. "I was trying so hard." Now Luke could freely cry out loud. He felt abandoned so suddenly as if this was all his fault, the only person he could blame was himself. "Love isnt for me I understand that now."

He opened his freezer door and grabbed ice cream, a spoon, left the lid on the counter then to his couch to lay down. After a minute his cat joined him, curling up next to his stomach and falling asleep there. "Might as well watch some tv and be a fatass.." Luke mumbled, looking at his cat before he grabbed the remote.

_____________________

After and hour 'n a half of watching random shit on tv, Luke finally decided to watch the news but it was his biggest mistake. "Almost No one survived here at the airport where the shooting had just stopped moments ago. Police are on the scene counting how many are alive and dead. So far there is one to point out that a famous youtuber has been caught in this shooting, one that many kids and teens seemed to love for his funny call of duty videos."

"No..that can't be who I think it is." Luke mumbled nervously. All his hope was lost when the showed the owl logo on the screen followed by a picture of Evan with his owl mask and without it. "He really was leaving..especially since he's at the airport..but now he's gone.." Luke started to cry again. He wanted answers and demanded them to be answered. He had only one way to get them.

Luke for off his couch and instsntly regretted the position he choose to sit in. The second he looked up, He started to panic a bit. Evan was standing in front of the tv, bloody and holes in his chest. "Its your fault." Evan spoke and started walking towards Luke. "No! No! Its not, you are the one that wanted to leave!" Luke was screaming at this..thing..that appared to be Evan. He kept walking to Luke while Luke kept backing up, soon hitting a wall. "You should have prevented this but you didnt. You let me leave. You didnt love me. You lied." The thing kept talking, blaming Luke for everything and all Luke could do was scream back at it.

"You're an idiot and you murdered me!" Evan shouted.

___________________

In an instant, Luke shot up out of bed breathing heavily and holding his chest. Evan sat up and grabbed Luke's face, gently forcing him to look at Evan. "Babe.. They're not real..I'm still here, You're okay. It was never your fault. Those nightmares are a lie. Your mind it just playing tricks on you. You understand?" Luke nodded still breathing quite heavily. "I love you okay? Now get some sleep and don't steess yourself out. This is the third nightmare tonight about the same thing." Evan kissed Luke's lips and laid back down but when Luke looked at evans side of the bed, no one was there. Evan hadnt been there for awhile now. "It might've been proven it wasnt my fault but my damn car..but I still believe I caused that wreck and killed you....I miss you.." Luke looked at the picture sitting on his bedside table. Him and Evan were smiling, Luke had his arms wrapped around Evan who was holding a picture of a baby they had adopted. Luke couldn't help but sadly smile at the image then looked at the crib in his room. Their little girl was still asleep and all Luke could are was Evan smiling at her, watching her sleep.

"We're still a family..though You're gone."