Look at me. - Prologue

I was never a normal child, nor do I ever want to be. But the fact that I am on this planet staring at the stars which I wish would stare straight back at me just once, makes me scared. Scared of what is to come for me. Sitting on this little swing hanging on a tree that over powers it so much you would think it wasnt even here. Perfect for me. I like being invisible. The sweet smell of the lake in front of my little feet perching on a tree stump. Pine trees waving in the wind, just enough to get a smell of beauty within. It was dark, the worst time for me to be alone. My mother would be contemplating which dress looked better on her for her meal out tonight, but my three step brothers would know better to come looking for me. I was still swinging and I hadn't even realised, but when I stood up shakily the swing still swang with the trees.

"Mel!" My brothers had found me, but what I had found out today... I didnt really want to be found. I knew someone wanted me, they wanted me fast. I've been dodging figures and stances over the top of me ever since I was small. But until today I never new why. My three step brothers swore it was there duty to never let me go. I knew something was about to happen as Samuel grabbed my hand to pull me back through the trees to our grand lake house. A stirring nose in my ear. I was being watched...again. 

Picture made by @Laurss Go and check her out! 

~Katiee