4

"Is there anything else I should know? This war? What is it all about?" I stood up and walked around the little room crowded with books. Running my finger down the spine of each one slowly. I could feel Sam's gaze watching my every move. 

"Angels are very...different from how people expect them to be. You have your Archangels, High Angels then you have your Angels. Only a few Angels are actually good. But they have to do various tasks like, save a life to prove it. Then there are the fallen Angels."

"Like Jonah..."

"Yeah, he's in a tricky situation really. The Angels don't want anything to do with him, however the Demon Council they migt want him on their side."

"The Demon Council? Whats that?" My body walked around the little room, running my finger a long the shelf as it collected all the dust. 

"Basically Archangels. But Demon form. They are responsible for every Demon and if you do something against their rules then it's bye bye for you." I looked over at him, and twirled a piece of hair around my finger.

"Have you ever met them?" His faced showed a look of worry. This didn't look good.

"Yes. But it's in the past now and it doesn't matter." Confused by this response I thought it would be best not to bring up the subject again. 

"What do we do now?" 

"We protect you. Keep peace on Earth, but now that you know about everything. You are so much more vulnerable. We have to be even more cautious." 

-

Present.

Mel woke up to a strong knocking on her door, her eyes fluttered open to see Sam stood there. 

"What time is it?" She said hesitantly and confused. 

"It's 10 in the morning. You gotta get yourself up, the Demon Council are expecting us in an hour."

"What?!" Mel sat up right and quickly got out of bed. Throwing off her clothes she quickly grabbed some new fresh ones.

"I suggest you were black. Demon's like it better that way." With that said he left her alone, standing in the middle of room looking a complete mess. 

Grabbing a black sweater, black skinny jeans and some black boots she quickly put them on and posed in her mirror. Hoping she looked half decent. "This will have to do..." She turned away and walked down the hall to the stairs. Not looking where she was going, Mel bumped straight into Jonah. Falling backwards he quickly hooked an arm around her and helped her steady herself. She also noticed he was dressed in black too. His black blade hooked onto his back. 

"You alright there Ms eager?" He smirked at his comment and brushed a strand of hair out of her face. Mel stood there in shock and quickly moved out of his hold. 

"Yeah perfect. Do I need my blade or...?"

"No no, don't worry about it. It's probably best if the Demon Council see's you without a weapon for the first time don't you think?" 

Ealier on the present day...

My feet stumbled into the warmth from the school hallways. People chattering and whispering as I walked past. I could hear them mumbling words about the previous day.

"She fainted."

"What an attention seeking whore."

"Bitch."