Chapter 8

Iris's pov

I get to my feet and glare at Claude. "Pet or slave or whatever I am to you. It's my body." I state crossing my arms over my chest. "I will not show you."

"Iris, I'm concerned about your well being. Please show me." He begs. He gives me a pleading look and I smirk.

"Your just like the rest. I'm not showing you. If you'll excuse me I have things to do so I can have dinner." I calmly state walking out of the room. I had no time for this. I needed to get everything on this list done so I could eat. I was starving.

After hours of cleaning and doing what I was told I finally finished everything on the list. I wiped the sweat from my face and groaned.

"Miss Iris, Mary wishes to see you in the library."

I look back at Jessica and nod. What does hat stupid red head want? I walk up the stairs to the west wing and head to the library. I open the doors to find Mary sitting by the window with tea.

"Hey sweetie. Take a seat." She smiles pointing to the empty spot next to her. I walk over to her and take my seat. "How are you doing?"

I look at her for a moment before rolling my eyes. "Why do you care?" I question looking out the window. I hear her chuckle as she sips her tea.

"Believe it or not, there are a few vampires that would rather be friends with humans than make them pets or slaves." She calmly states. I look back at her and sigh.

"Thank you for helping me with that stick." I sigh finally letting my walls down. I had a feeling I didn't need them around Mary, she's been nothing but kind to me. But she was still a leach and I don't want anything to do with her.

"Well, She is a bitch." Mary shrugs looking out the window. "Would you like to walk around the garden? I can have your dinner sent there." Mary smiles getting to her feet. I shrug as I stand up. Why the hell not? As long as Claude isn't there I'll be good.

We walk down the stairs and Mary stops to talk to one of the maids to have my dinner set to the garden before we walk outside.

We walk in silence as we walk past the rose bushes. "What is the sun like?" Mary ask looking up at the moon. I look at her for a moment wondering if she was serious and smile.

"It's warm, bright and comforting. I absolutely enjoyed the sunlight. It's warm kisses on my skin was like heaven." I smile looking up at the moon. "But the moonlight is warm as well. It's got more of a small comforting feeling that your not alone." I state.

"That's beautiful, I haven't felt the sun on my skin for years. But I've made my peace with the moon." Mary smiles as she points to a bench. " come let's sit. I would like to know more about you, you are far more interesting than most of the women that enter this estate." Mary rolls her eyes.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"I mean, that you are by far the most entertaining woman here. All the other woman are stuck up ass holes who just want to get in Claude's pants. You on the other hand? Your like a firecracker and it's amusing." May chuckles. "I would much enjoy an evening together, what would you say to a movie night?" Mary asked giving me her huge smile.

"I mean, that sounds better than cleaning Claude's office!" I chuckle agreeing to her proposal.

"Great! Saturday night I'll meet you in the library and we will have a movie night!" She grins pulling me into a hug.

"Miss Iris, the master wishes to have a word with you in his office." I glare st Jessica as she ruins my time with Mary.

I get up and follow Jessica to Claude's office where she of corse disappears.

"Ah, Iris. I'm glad Jessica was able to find you." Claude smiles. I roll my eyes as I stand by the door. "I guess I'll get to the point. Starting tomorrow you will begin lessons. There will a ball next month here in my home. And you'll will be there by my side." He states running his hands through my hair.

"Okay? And why do I have to be there?" I question, now annoyed that I have to take lessons. I thought a pet just layer around looking good? What the hell am I doing cleaning his house and attending lessons?

"Because I said so. Tomorrow you will stop your chorus and begin your lessons. Understood?" He states. I groan in annoyance as nod.

"Good, now continue to what you and Mary were doing." He states giving me a small smile.

I groan and leave the room. Why the hell do I have to start lessons tomorrow!