Chapter 9

Iris's pov

"Again!"

I glare at the bag of bones standing in front of me as she slammed her hand on my desk. "My master is very kind to me, I could not wish for another master." She states as she keeps her red eyes locked with mine.

"Claude is an ass and I would rather die than have a master." I state crossing my arms over my chest. Without a moment to spare the bitch lunges at me but catches herself as she's about to snap my neck.

"How can one woman be so ignorant! It's as if you were born with no brain!" She shouts as she runs her fingers through her hair. I roll my eyes at her outburst and take in a deep breath.

"My master is such a wonderful master, I could never request for another master." I sigh lowering my head.

"So you do have a brain? You just choose not to use it." She mumbles walking over to the door. "I see, well have a good day. I will see you tomorrow." She states opening the door.

I walk out and walk down the stairs to the kitchen. I was starving and plus I know Mary will be there. "Mark you are such an ass! Go apologize to that poor woman!"

Like I said, I knew she'd be there.

"Mary, you may be my twin but you aren't my mother. That bitch had it coming." Mark growls before storming off.

"Come in Iris, it's fine." Mary chuckles as I peak my head around the corner. "Mark is such a child sometimes." She sighs.

"I see." I smile walking towards the fridge. I grab a bottle of water and take a few sips from it as Mary goes on and on about her brother being completely immature.

"Anyways! How's was your lessons?" She questions. I give her a dirty glare as she burst into laughter. "That bad huh?"

"You have no idea! That old hag about lost those damn red eyes of hers." I snarl slamming my water bottle on the counter. "She called me incompetent more than once." I sigh.

"Well you are not incompetent. Don't worry." Mary chuckles. "Hurry up now, you'll be late for your next lesson. And I am most certainly not taking the wrath of Claude for you." She laughs. I roll my eyes and snatch the apple from her hand.

"Whatever!" I shout walking away.

"Ah, I found you. Let me show you to your new lesson. With the ball coming up you'll will be taking dance lessons."

I glare at Claude as he has a huge smirk on his face. First language, then manors, now dancing? Why the hell do I have to do any of this! Most pets sit around and look pretty. It's like he's treating me like a damn child.

Wait a minute..

"Why are you treating me like a child? I'm a pet! I shouldn't have to learn any of this!" I shout pulling away from him. He stares at me for a moment before smiling.

"Because I said so, now follow me. I will not tell you twice." He calmly states pulling me beside him. I roll my eyes at him as I shuffle behind him. He was truly going to piss me off.

We walk down the hall before he swings open a pair of huge dark oak wood doors revealing a massive elegant ballroom. "Ah! Claude, where is the fine young woman I shall dance with this evening?"

My eyes narrow at the red eyed bastard as he smiles to Claude. Like really? You didn't see me here? Won't have that smile on your face much longer before I rip it off!

"David, this is Iris. She will be attending the ball with me along with my date. You will be teaching her to dance." Claude states pushing me towards him.

His eyes fix on me and disgust is evident on his nasty pale skin. His dark red eyes narrow at me as he takes a step towards me.

"I see, shall we then?" He offers his hand to me and I glare at it before taking it.

"I will be back in two hours, we have things that need to be discussed." Claude states. I look up at him with pleading eyes. Begging him not to leave me alone with this creep. But of course he ignores me and walks away disappearing from sight.  Once the doors close David snaps his gaze to me. Angry boiled in his eyes as his grip tighten around my hand.

"You are a human, why should I teach you to dance?" He growls taking small steps closer to me, causing me to take steps back until my back touched the wall.

"If you hurt me Claude will kill you..." I state, holding my ground. I wasn't scared of this prick. He had his head up his ass and his ego was burned at the thought of teaching me to dance.

"Claude? You call your own master by his name? You know that is punishable by death." He grins as his hand claps around my throat.

"Maybe I'll suck you dry, or better yet. I'll drink you till your barley alive and torture you till you beg for death." He chuckles.

I grab ahold of his hand as it tightens around my neck. Fear floods my body like a virus as I watch his fangs extend and his eyes darken. My voice was lost as he gently turn my neck to the side. "I promise this won't hurt, a lot." He chuckles. I feel his fangs graze my neck as I begin to shake in terror. I've never been bitten before, I've watched it happen, I've seen what poison is in their fangs. I don't want to experience that.

Without thinking I yank one of his fingers of my throat and twist it backwards cause him to groan. He glares at me before a sinister grin kisses his lips and he throws me across the room.

My back slams against the wall, small cracking sounds echo through the room and I fall to the floor groaning in agony. Pain erupts through my body as I try to stand. My effort are a waste as I hear his cold laughter bouncing off the walls as he closes in on me.

"Asshole," I groan as I hug the wall finally getting to my feet.

I watch as his face hardens before he grabs a fist full of my hair and yanks me off the ground causing me to scream in pain. "Such a tired scream." He chuckles before slamming my head against the wall. I fall to the floor in a heap as I feel something warm run down the back of my neck.

Blood..

I hear David laughing as he flips me over, my vision was a blur as he laughs at his masterpiece. "You are truly something. Most woman wouldn't have survived that blow to the wall, but you? Your fun! What do you say to being my new slave? We could have a lot of fun together just you," He runs his fingers down my chin, neck and stops at my chest. "And me." He grins before groping my breast.

Anger swallowed me as I forced myself to focus on him. "Bastard!" I shout smacking his hand away. I try to get to my feet but he places his hand on my face and slams my head against the marble floor, the sound of the ground and my skull cracking fills the room.

"Like I said, this is fun." He grins.

"I'm confused as to what you think is fun, David."

My heart jumps at the sound of Claude's voice. Was he here to save me? Or here to join the fun? I watched as the darkness crept at the corner of my vision, I had to stay awake I couldn't pass out not now.

"Your slave here is amazing. Look at all the damage I did to her and this room, yet she's still breathing." David gawks at his own work of art.

"I think you've mistakenly forgot who I am, I strictly stated no one will harm her. Do you remember what happens to those who disobey my rules?" Claude growls. I close my eyes in defeat as I feel this heavy and dark presence in the room.

"Sir Claude, I wasn't aware she was the-"

"You knew she was, yet you disobeyed me. Now you will pay." Claude growls, before I hear a loud groan and then the sound of someone falling to the floor.

"Iris.."