Chapter 14

Claude's POV

I stand there watching her leave. I ran my thumb over my bottom lip and smiled. That kids was far better than I had expected.

"I didn't see that coming." Mary chuckles walking into the room. I stare at her for a moment before shaking my head.

"It shouldn't have happened." I sigh, dread creeped in as I thought of all the things that had happened to iris, what her masters had done. And I was no different.

"Then why did you allow it?" Mary questions. I shake my head as I look at her. Why did i? Why did I give into my desire and force a kiss upon her? I should have controlled myself.

"I shouldn't have, she's been through enough." I pause for a moment before running my fingers through my hair.

"She does cares for you, Claude. You should stop torturing yourself. This isn't the past this is the present." She smiles laying her hand on my shoulder. "I see you two making doing great things. Now together? That is your choice." She looks down before giving my shoulder a squeeze.

I nod my head as she smiles before leaving. I run my thumb over my lips once more and sigh. Might as well go talk to the woman before she assumes I am using her.

I leave the room and head down the hall towards Iris'a room before I hear small sobs. I frown before barging into her room, fear quickly consuming me at what was going through her mind.

She jumps to her feet and my eyes widen as they land on the blood running down her legs and wrist. Tears streamed down her face as she drops the knife. Dread consumed me as I stared at her. Her skin paled as her eyes began to close and he knees gave out and she fell to the floor with a thud.

"MARY!"

I rush over to her and pull her into my arms and use my inhuman speed to reach Mary's room. I gently lay iris on the bed as I stare down at her. "Help her.." I whisper.

Mary nods her head as she grabs my wrist without asking she digs her claws into my skin causing blood to ooze from the open wound. She quickly placed my wrist on iris mouth. I glare up at her and go to pull my hand back but she lets out a low growl warning me to stay put.

I watch as iris begins to resist my blood before she finally drinks. After a few large gulps I yank my wrist away. I shoot daggers at Mary but a small part of me was thankful that iris was healing. Her eyes shot open, she took one look at me and rolled into her side and began to sob once again. I go to reach for her but she shies away from my touch.

"Iris.."

"Why couldn't you let me die. I don't want this life anymore." She cries out. "I can't be used anymore, there's so much one person can take." Her eyes meet mine and pure anger and fear was founds I frowned before realized what she meant. Without thinking I pulled her into me and kissed her forehead.

"I am not your other owners. I want more than just a master and Slave relationship. Iris. Please believe me." I sighed brushing the hair from her face.

She shook in my arms as she looked up at me. "Then why buy me? Why no-"

"I'll explain my reasons in due time, let's clean you up. Flowers are much more beautiful when they bloom." I give her a small smile.

I could have sworn I saw the one thing I've always wanted to see in her eyes. Hope.