16.Minhyuk - "Friends"

We're not, no we're not friends. Nor have we ever been, we just try to keep those secrets in our lives. And if they find out, will it all go wrong? And heaven knows, no one wants it to.
---------------------
It took almost an hour to get to your best friend Minhyuk's house, but it was totally worth it. Without even knowing, you and already fallen hopelessly in love with him, despite the fact that he has a girlfriend. All of your and Minhyuk's friends would always say for you two to just date, but they were unaware as how much more complicated it was than that. Whenever they would say that, Minhyuk would always say that you'll never date, which broke your heart. You thought it was quite strange that Minhyuk would treat you better than he does his own girlfriend. It made you feel as if he really did have feelings for you, but you knew, Minhyuk only saw you as a "friend", and nothing more than that.
--------------
So I could take the backroad, but your eyes will lead me straight back home. And if you know me, like I know you. You should love me, you should know.
-------------
When you finally arrived, you noticed that his girlfriend's car was not there like usual. You smiled at the thought, and walked up to Minhyuk's front door. You knocked twice, and the unreasonable butterflies appeared in your stomach. You shook it off as just the chills, and waited for Minhyuk at the door. Minhyuk finally came to the door, and he smiled upon seeing your face.

"Y/N!!!"

"Hey Minhyuk, how have you been?"

"Good, good. Gosh I haven't seen you in a while....how have you been doing? How's your mom?"

"Oh you know, my mom is as crazy as ever. And school is fairly okay," Minhyuk stepped aside for you to enter his house, and you did. Once inside you both went directly to Minhyuk's room. Once the room door was open, you breathed in the scent of vanilla and sweets. You smiled upon smelling Minhyuk's usual aroma, and noticed his parents were not there.

"Hey Minhyuk, where's your mom and dad?"

"Oh they're out of town right now," Minhyuk threw himself on his bed and patted the seat next to him. You took a seat, and watched as Minhyuk casually scrolled through Netflix. You both agreed to watch Zootopia, and Minhyuk went downstairs to make some popcorn. You took this opportunity to look around Minhyuk's room. It still looked the same as before, but the pictures of Minhyuk with his girlfriend were all that caught your attention. Once Minhyuk came back, he played the movie and draped a blanket over the two of you.
--------------
You didn't even realize you had fallen asleep, until your eyelids fluttered open. You looked around and remembered you were still at Minhyuk's house, in his room on his bed. You tried to get up but something was holding you in place. You looked down to discover Minhyuk's sleeping body wrapped tightly around your own body. As quietly and gently as you could, you tried to free yourself from his grip, but failed. It took a bit of wriggling around, but you were at last free. You slid off the bed, but Minhyuk grabbed your wrist.

"Sleep here with me."

"Minhyuk, I can't, you have a girlfriend remember?"

Minhyuk sat up, and let out a heavy sigh. "Well...she's not here now." He pulled you down into his arms, and let out a soft sigh. You knew it wasn't fair to Minhyuk's girlfriend, but in your heart it felt just right. You wiggled until you felt comfortable, and drifted off into slumber.
-----------
Friends just sleep in another bed. And friends don't treat me like you do. Well I know that there's a limit to everything. But my friends won't love me like you. No, my friends won't love me like you.
-----------
In the morning you woke up to the smell of pancakes and eggs. You walked downstairs to see Minhyuk happily flipping some pancakes. You took a seat on one the stools in his kitchen and waited for him. He finally turned around and got startled by your appearance.
"Oh my Jesus. Y/N you scared me!" Minhyuk walked around the counter and stood in front of you. Unexpectedly, he planted a soft kiss on your forehead, and smiled. "Did you sleep well?"
You knew it wasn't right for him to kiss you like that, but you went along with it. You smiled slightly at Minhyuk, "yeah I slept fine, thanks." Minhyuk took a hold of your hands and intertwined them with his. He looked into your eyes and sighed. You both stayed like that for a while, and you could've sworn you felt sparks fly all around you. Suddenly you heard a knock at the door, and Minhyuk quickly released your hands. When he opened the door, you saw his girlfriend Junmi standing there with a big smile on her face. Minhyuk took a hold of her hand, like he had done to yours, and lead to where you were sitting. They both seemed all giggly and happy, which made you feel extremely guilty.

"Y/N, we have something really important to tell you."

You plastered a fake smile on you face and pretended to really want to know,"Oh really? Well spill the secret!!"

"Me and Junmi are engaged! Isn't that great?!",Minhyuk and Junmi held up their hands to show the rings. You felt a strong pain in your heart, but ignored it. You pretended to be really happy and excited, but all you could feel was betrayal and anger. You all sat down to talk about the marriage, and the wedding plans. After a while you couldn't take it no more, and pretended that you had to go home to feed you nonexistent cat. They walked you out to your car, despite the many times you told them not to.
Once inside your car, you cried your eyes out and cursed at Minhyuk for being too good for you. You cursed at Junmi for being with Minhyuk and for them getting engaged. No matter how many curse words you used, none of them could truly express your hatred for the couple. But of course Minhyuk would never love you, because you two were nothing more than friends. However, that couldn't really get into your head, and when it finally did you felt even more mad at Minhyuk.
The kisses,
laughs you shared.
The late night talks,
unexpected sleepovers.
The unconditional affection he
expressed towards you had meant
absolutely nothing to him. But it
meant the world to you and your heart.

You drove home in complete silence, once in a while you pulled over to wipe your now puffy eyes. And finally when you reached home, you took some pain killers, and excepted the fact that Minhyuk will never love you.
-------------
But then again, if we're not friends. Someone else might love you too. And then again, if we're not friends,there'd be nothing I could do, and that's why
Friends should sleep in other beds, and friends shouldn't kiss me like you do. And I know that there's a limit to everything. But my friends won't love me like you. No, my friends won't love me like you do.
Oh, my friends will never love me like you.
---------
(A/N) Sorry this one sucked, but I wanted to try to write something a bit sad. Can anyone guess the song? It's one of my current favorites. Man i can't believe Minhyuk decided to be a little bias wrecker to me, so I decided to make his story a bit sadder than the other ones. Let me know if you all liked it, and don't forget to comment and vote. It helps me a lot, thanks. Byeee!
-Author ❤️