Chapter 5

Alondra had let go of Yoru earlier on as they walk slowly back to the dorms. She has so much to say, but Yoru's silence tells her that he isn't in the mood to listen to her annoyed ranting. She once more holds in her sigh, feeling like she's returning to yet another prison.

"Care to explain what you were doing out here unescorted, Alondra-sama?" Yoru questions Alondra. She doesn't respond, so he stands in front of her. Alondra doesn't question why he's shirtless, and in front of her in such an unpresentable manner. She doesn't care enough to worry about it.

"Alondra-sama, I asked you what you were doing out here?" Yoru questions more forcefully, but Alondra is far more stubborn, but in reality she too has no idea why she came outside at all.

"Today's events were fruitful." She tells him as more of an excuse, and then walking past him towards the Moon Dormitory to try and get some actual sleep this time. 

Yoru watches the brunette's back with a slight frown. Feeling annoyed that his pureblood master is making her emotions far too noticeable. . . like a human. "Looks like four years wasn't enough to tame to her." He mutters before going towards the Moon Dorms himself.

                                       ~0~

"NO! LET ME GO!" 

A little girl screams in the pure white space. He tries to find the source of where that person is coming from, but there is only white. He can't even see himself, so he doesn't know what is even happening as the screams keep calling to him for help. Mocking voices join the screaming to insult his own helplessness.

". . .ro. . .Ze. . .Zero!" He comes back to himself as the white becomes trees, sky, and a worried brunette in front of him. He puts a hand to his eyes, and sits up.

"What-"

"What happened, Zero?! You suddenly spaced off, and no matter how many times I called you, you wouldn't wake up!" Yuki says frantically as she looks him over. Putting her hands to his face, but he moves his face away, suddenly feeling like a traitor.

"What's wrong?" Yuki questions him confused. He stands up, and runs his tongue over his dry lips, catching a just barely there taste of Alondra's blood.

"Nothing. What are you doing out here anyway? Shouldn't you be in class?" Zero questions her. She gasps.

"It's time already?! Oh no! C'mon, Zero! Lets go!" Yuki says grabbing his hand, and jogging away with him to class. He looks down at her hand holding his.

"It's not the same. . .You were a replacement." He thinks to himself as he pulls his hand away. Yuki stops, and looks back at him.

"Zero, are you okay?" She insists.

"I'm fine." He says before turning his back on her, and wanting nothing more than to be alone. Yuki watches him leave with a worried expression all on her face. She looks down sadly before taking the opposite direction of him, towards class.

"Damn it." Zero curses as he realizes that he is once again in front of the lonely gate that hides the Moon Dormitory. He stands there, and looks at the door. Waiting for something, but also pondering whether he should make the first move or not. He shakes his head, and leans against the gate, bumping the back of his head softly. He sighs, and closes his eyes.

". . .They don't love you! They're going to kill you the moment you grow your fangs!" 

Zero's eyes snap open as he hears Kaito's voice from a long time ago in his head. Only problem is that he doesn't recall ever hearing that from him before, but he manages to recall that Alondra had cried and told him and Ichiru about the cruel things Kaito has said to her in the past. Through her blood, he caught a glimpse of a memory that had broke her heart as a child.