1: The Task (Jinyoung POV)

~ ~ ~

Madam K just gave me a new task to do. As an assassin, I knew the risks that came with this task, just like every other task I did before.

But I, Oh Jinyoung, am a well trained assassin. I always want to help Madam K with everything. She was the one who trained me to be an assassin. She was the one who taught me self-defence. She was the one who guided me. I trusted her.

I know what you're thinking. Why is a male being trained under a female leader? I actually never knew the answer to that. I was too busy worrying about my targets.

Madam K always praised me for my efforts. In fact, the other assassins working under her can only envy me. Thing is, I didn't like that. I made friends with these people and once one person tries to blackmail me, I'm done for.

Additionally, they're all girls. They already labelled me as 'the odd one'.

Anyways, back to the present. I headed to where Madam K was seated at the dining table. She slid a document to me and gave me instructions.

"This target," she said calmly, "needs to be eliminated with caution."

"Why?" I asked. "Is she really dangerous?"

"No, but she has a reputation. She is internationally famous so to speak."

"By famous, do you mean she is a singer?"

"Exactly."

My, I was getting smarter at this. However, Madam K did have a point. As the target is a singer, blindly assassinating can only result in revenge amongst the fandoms and supporters on local and international scales.

I opened the document, which contained information about the target. I was reading the information intently, like I always have been doing.

The target's name was Oh Hayoung. She is a was a vocalist in the K-pop group, A-Pink, which itself had a total of six members. Hayoung was the youngest, the maknae. At 18 years old, she was my age.

But something seemed to be missing.

"What's her date of birth Madam K?" I asked her.

"That's not important," she stated abruptly. "And if you want to know why I want her dead, that will come when the task is completed."

To me, if it isn't important, then I guess I didn't need to know.

What I did know was that years of experience in assassinations has changed my attitiude. I didn't care if Hayoung was the same age as me. I was just following orders, and that's all.

Madam K dismissed me after we discussed a bit more. She had booked tickets for A-Pink's next concert in Seoul in about a week's time. The idea was that I would follow her to the concert, but after that follow A-Pink back to their dorm discretely. Then, when the time is right, ambush and kill Hayoung. Madam K promised to reward me greatly if I succeeded.

"Don't fail me," she reminded me.

With that, I left to train by myself in the training complex. As this was just one target, only one assassin was needed. It was just as well, I did not want to be responsible for 5 other deaths,

~ ~ ~

A/N: It has a deathly start, yes. But it will change later on in the story. A-Pink fans (including myself), sorry for this start.